|View animated image|
|View static image|
|Number of cells||44|
|Discovered by||Dean Hickerson|
|Year of discovery||1991|
44P5H2V0 is an unnamed 2c/5 orthogonal spaceship discovered by Dean Hickerson on July 23, 1991, being the first 2c/5 spaceship to be found. Robert Wainwright and David Bell then found some small tagalongs that allowed the creation of arbitrarily large 2c/5 spaceships. These were the only known 2c/5 spaceships until the discovery of 70P5H2V0 by Hartmut Holzwart on December 5, 1992.
- David Bell's article, "Spaceships in Conway's Life (Part 6)"
- David Bell's article, "Spaceships in Conway's Life (Addendum 1)"
- Goldtiger997 (August 29, 2020). Re: Small Spaceship Syntheses (discussion thread) at the ConwayLife.com forums
- Tanner Jacobi (August 29, 2020). Message in #cgol on the Conwaylife Lounge Discord server
- 44P5H2V0.1 at Heinrich Koenig's Game of Life Object Catalogs