Board And Card Games

A forum where anything goes. Introduce yourselves to other members of the forums, discuss how your name evolves when written out in the Game of Life, or just tell us how you found it. This is the forum for "non-academic" content.
Post Reply
BokaBB
Posts: 2571
Joined: December 30th, 2019, 11:55 am

Board And Card Games

Post by BokaBB » October 31st, 2020, 1:33 pm

A place to share board or card games that are either traditional in your region or invented by yourselves.
There are many such that deserve to be known.
Have a good day!

BokaBB

MathAndCode
Posts: 4372
Joined: August 31st, 2020, 5:58 pm

Re: Board And Card Games

Post by MathAndCode » October 31st, 2020, 5:49 pm

I made a game that is similar to hex except that the grid has heptagons and pentagons instead of hexagons. The first player's first turn can only be used to claim a pentagon in order to make the game more equal. Should I post a picture of the board here?
I have historically worked on conduits, but recently, I've been working on glider syntheses and investigating SnakeLife.

BokaBB
Posts: 2571
Joined: December 30th, 2019, 11:55 am

Re: Board And Card Games

Post by BokaBB » November 1st, 2020, 4:55 am

MathAndCode wrote:
October 31st, 2020, 5:49 pm
I made a game that is similar to hex except that the grid has heptagons and pentagons instead of hexagons. The first player's first turn can only be used to claim a pentagon in order to make the game more equal. Should I post a picture of the board here?
Yes. However,it is likely almost impossible to play it without your table.I ask you if you can propose methods to play it at home.
I am thirsty for some Mystery,plesase come up with some if you can!
Have a good day!

BokaBB

BokaBB
Posts: 2571
Joined: December 30th, 2019, 11:55 am

Re: Board And Card Games

Post by BokaBB » November 1st, 2020, 5:57 am

Here is my conttribution to this.
Count bridge is a trick - taking game invented by me with a totally different character than bridge. It has a nice amount of strategy.
Please send feedback.
Count bridge can be played with 2 or 4 players.
2 players
Each player gets two separate (!) decks of 13 cards. They mustn't be joined at any moment and players must label them as A and B(I believe it is perfectly possible to play the standard bridge the same way!).
After that,exchanges are done. The players exchange one card from their A deck with card from enemy A deck. After that the same with B decks.
After that,the players do another two exchanges beetwen their (not enemy's,their)A and B decks.
These exchanges are done to improve the deck,altrough in the exchange beetwen players cards bigger than 4 only rarely appear.
After that,the bidding comes. Players bid the number of tricks they think they will take. The lowest allowed bid is 3. All bids are valued and it is only being bid once. The suit is irrelevant in bidding and players just bid the number of tricks of any suit.
Finally,the game begins.
The first player drops a card from the deck A,then thee second from his deck A. Then the first drops the card from his deck B and finally the second from his B. The suit of the first player's first card must be followed,unless the player has no cards of that suit and then dropping any card is allowed.
Note:I usually arrange cards in tricks in this game in a row instead of the typical way,you can choose your way.
The winner of the trick is the player with the higher score.
2 - 10 cards are worth a number of points that is on them,jacks are worth 12,queens 13,kings 14 and aces 15.
If the score is equal,the trick is won by the player with the bigger card. If the cards are all equal,the first player has the advantage.
The winner then scores the number of points that is equal the score of his cards minus the score of the opponent's cards. Example:The first player played A and J,the second 10 and 7. The first gets 15 +12-10-7=27-17=10 points.
These should either be remembered or written.
After that,the player that won the last trick leads the next one with the card from the deck that had higher card. If the player had to change suit and played two cards of equal value,he can choose the deck to begin with. Then the second player plays the card from his own A deck if the first led with A card or B deck if the first led with B deck and so on.
At the end of the game all the points are summed and the number of points 10 times the size of the bid (70 points if the bid was 7) is added if the player accomplished the bid or the number of points 20 times bigger than the bid (140 if the bid was 7) is deleted if the bid failed. That is the player's score. The game can either be played once,when the winner is simply the player with more score,a determined number of times where the winner is again that with more score or until some player reaches the predetermined score.
4 players
Everything is the same,except that there are 4 players in 2 teams that behave as decks in the 2 - player variant. They should be allowed to see each other's cards (by sitting on the same side of the table). The lowest allowed bid is still 3 and that makes the game more challenging to each player.
Strategy
There exists a lot of strategy in this game.
Wise exchanges beetwen two friendly decks or players are very important,altrough the other type of exchange isn't all that important much.
Bidding is also very strategic and can give you an advantage over enemy even if he won more points in trick taking. However,it can also devastate you and lots of care are needed.
Trick - taking is very strategic and important. At the beginning the combinations of aces and kings are very common and are an unstoppable victory in the trick.
However,the players must be careful since some ruffing (dropping a card of the different suit if the player don't have needed suit)can take a trick very unexpectedly.
Even if you can't win some trick,strategy is also important here since you can drop some relatively high card in an attempt to decrease the score enemy gets. However,think before that since it could potentially allow you to take a trick in the later game where all very high cards are usually gone.
Luck is also present,altrough wise moves can decrease its impact on the situation.
I hope the rules are well explained and understandable. Please play count bridge at least once if you can and leave a comment about what do you think about this game.
Have a good day!

BokaBB

User avatar
Moosey
Posts: 4185
Joined: January 27th, 2019, 5:54 pm
Location: A house, or perhaps the OCA board. Or [click to not expand]
Contact:

Re: Board And Card Games

Post by Moosey » November 1st, 2020, 10:25 am

A 40x12 chess variant created by yours truly
Image

The rules are as follows:

Code: Select all

The King, Queen, Rook, Bishop, Knight, and Pawn move as they would normally in chess; however, there is no castling.

The additional pieces behave as follows: (note: unless specified otherwise, no leapers are lame.)

Knightrider (one may be found at a1): makes consecutive knight moves in the same direction. It may stop at any point along its path and MUST stop where it captures, if it captures. Betza notation NN.

Lightweight: (one may be found at b1): may displace itself either (3,1) or (1,0). May leap over other pieces for its (3,1) move. Betza notation LW.

Woody Rook: (one may be found at c1): may displace itself either (2,0) or (1,0). May leap over other pieces for its (2,0) move. Name from Chess with Different armies. Betza notation WD.

HA: (one may be found at d1): may displace itself either (3,0) or (2,2). May leap over other pieces for either move. Betza notation HA.

Alfilrider: (one may be found at f1): may make consecutive (2,2) movements in the same direction. Betza notation AA. Stops if it captures.

Threeleaper: (one may be found at g1): may displace itself exactly (3,0), and may leap over other pieces. Betza notation H.

LAD: (one may be found at h1): may displace itself either (3,1), (2,2), or (2,0). Betza notation LAD.

Half-Duck: (one may be found at i1): may displace itself either (3,0), (1,1), or (2,0) Betza notation HFD.

Zebra: (one may be found at j1): may displace itself (3,2). Betza notation J.

Vao (one may be found at l1): Moves and captures as a bishop. If it captures, must jump over exactly one piece.

Pao (one may be found at m1): Moves and captures as a rook, If it captures, must jump over exactly one piece.

Giraffe (one may be found at n1): Displaces itself exactly (4,1). In my extension of betza notation, this is notated (4,1).

Grasshopper (one may be found at o1): Moves and captures as a queen. Whether capturing or moving, must jump over exactly one piece and stop on the next square. Betza notation gWWgFF.

Wazir (one may be found at p1): Displaces itself exactly (1,0). Betza notation W.

Waffle (one may be found at a1): Displaces itself either (1,0) or (2,2). Betza notation WA.

Dabbabah (one may be found at d2): Displaces itself exactly (2,0). Betza notation D.

Camel (one may be found at k2): displaces itself exaclty (3,1). Betza notation L.

Ferz (one may be found at m2): displaces itself exactly (1,1). Betza notation F.

Empress (one may be found at n2): moves and captures as a rook or as a knight. Betza notation NWW.

Princess (one may be found at aa2): moves and captures as a bishop or as a knight. Betza notation NFF.

Alfil (one may be found at p2): displaces itself exactly (2,2). Betza notation A.

Berolina Pawn: (one may be found at j3): moves forwards exactly (1,1) or captures (1,0) forwards. Promotes to a Queen if it reaches the twelfth rank.
My CA rules can be found here

Bill Watterson once wrote: "How do soldiers killing each other solve the world's problems?"
Nanho walåt derwo esaato?

leaplife advertising bad!

BokaBB
Posts: 2571
Joined: December 30th, 2019, 11:55 am

Re: Board And Card Games

Post by BokaBB » November 1st, 2020, 10:36 am

Moosey wrote:
November 1st, 2020, 10:25 am
A 40x12 chess variant created by yours truly
Image

The rules are as follows:

Code: Select all

The King, Queen, Rook, Bishop, Knight, and Pawn move as they would normally in chess; however, there is no castling.

The additional pieces behave as follows: (note: unless specified otherwise, no leapers are lame.)

Knightrider (one may be found at a1): makes consecutive knight moves in the same direction. It may stop at any point along its path and MUST stop where it captures, if it captures. Betza notation NN.

Lightweight: (one may be found at b1): may displace itself either (3,1) or (1,0). May leap over other pieces for its (3,1) move. Betza notation LW.

Woody Rook: (one may be found at c1): may displace itself either (2,0) or (1,0). May leap over other pieces for its (2,0) move. Name from Chess with Different armies. Betza notation WD.

HA: (one may be found at d1): may displace itself either (3,0) or (2,2). May leap over other pieces for either move. Betza notation HA.

Alfilrider: (one may be found at f1): may make consecutive (2,2) movements in the same direction. Betza notation AA. Stops if it captures.

Threeleaper: (one may be found at g1): may displace itself exactly (3,0), and may leap over other pieces. Betza notation H.

LAD: (one may be found at h1): may displace itself either (3,1), (2,2), or (2,0). Betza notation LAD.

Half-Duck: (one may be found at i1): may displace itself either (3,0), (1,1), or (2,0) Betza notation HFD.

Zebra: (one may be found at j1): may displace itself (3,2). Betza notation J.

Vao (one may be found at l1): Moves and captures as a bishop. If it captures, must jump over exactly one piece.

Pao (one may be found at m1): Moves and captures as a rook, If it captures, must jump over exactly one piece.

Giraffe (one may be found at n1): Displaces itself exactly (4,1). In my extension of betza notation, this is notated (4,1).

Grasshopper (one may be found at o1): Moves and captures as a queen. Whether capturing or moving, must jump over exactly one piece and stop on the next square. Betza notation gWWgFF.

Wazir (one may be found at p1): Displaces itself exactly (1,0). Betza notation W.

Waffle (one may be found at a1): Displaces itself either (1,0) or (2,2). Betza notation WA.

Dabbabah (one may be found at d2): Displaces itself exactly (2,0). Betza notation D.

Camel (one may be found at k2): displaces itself exaclty (3,1). Betza notation L.

Ferz (one may be found at m2): displaces itself exactly (1,1). Betza notation F.

Empress (one may be found at n2): moves and captures as a rook or as a knight. Betza notation NWW.

Princess (one may be found at aa2): moves and captures as a bishop or as a knight. Betza notation NFF.

Alfil (one may be found at p2): displaces itself exactly (2,2). Betza notation A.

Berolina Pawn: (one may be found at j3): moves forwards exactly (1,1) or captures (1,0) forwards. Promotes to a Queen if it reaches the twelfth rank.
I am 100% sure I didn't made it :) . Have you ever played it,and if you did,how?
What do you think about count bridge?
Have a good day!

BokaBB

MathAndCode
Posts: 4372
Joined: August 31st, 2020, 5:58 pm

Re: Board And Card Games

Post by MathAndCode » November 1st, 2020, 12:42 pm

BokaBB wrote:
November 1st, 2020, 4:55 am
Yes. However,it is likely almost impossible to play it without your table.I ask you if you can propose methods to play it at home.
It's relatively easy to play online. I made the board on Google Slides, then another player and I took turns coloring in shapes.
Board game.png
Board game.png (32.17 KiB) Viewed 2461 times
BokaBB wrote:
November 1st, 2020, 4:55 am
I am thirsty for some Mystery,plesase come up with some if you can!
I have decided the situation, who the criminal will be, and what clues will indicate the correct answer. I only need to figure out the alternatives.
I have historically worked on conduits, but recently, I've been working on glider syntheses and investigating SnakeLife.

BokaBB
Posts: 2571
Joined: December 30th, 2019, 11:55 am

Re: Board And Card Games

Post by BokaBB » November 1st, 2020, 1:43 pm

MathAndCode wrote:
November 1st, 2020, 12:42 pm
BokaBB wrote:
November 1st, 2020, 4:55 am
Yes. However,it is likely almost impossible to play it without your table.I ask you if you can propose methods to play it at home.
It's relatively easy to play online. I made the board on Google Slides, then another player and I took turns coloring in shapes.Board game.png
BokaBB wrote:
November 1st, 2020, 4:55 am
I am thirsty for some Mystery,plesase come up with some if you can!
I have decided the situation, who the criminal will be, and what clues will indicate the correct answer. I only need to figure out the alternatives.
Thanks for working on Mystery.
Can you give me a website where I can play your game?
Please play and leave a review on count bridge if you have a deck of cards.
Are you willing to participate in The Wall Challenge?
Have a good day!

BokaBB

MathAndCode
Posts: 4372
Joined: August 31st, 2020, 5:58 pm

Re: Board And Card Games

Post by MathAndCode » November 1st, 2020, 1:58 pm

BokaBB wrote:
November 1st, 2020, 1:43 pm
Can you give me a website where I can play your game?
Can I give you the file as a presentation?
I have historically worked on conduits, but recently, I've been working on glider syntheses and investigating SnakeLife.

BokaBB
Posts: 2571
Joined: December 30th, 2019, 11:55 am

Re: Board And Card Games

Post by BokaBB » November 1st, 2020, 2:01 pm

MathAndCode wrote:
November 1st, 2020, 1:58 pm
BokaBB wrote:
November 1st, 2020, 1:43 pm
Can you give me a website where I can play your game?
Can I give you the file as a presentation?
Don't 100% understand. If that is a question of giving,yes. But if it is an irony,not sure what to say.
Have a good day!

BokaBB

MathAndCode
Posts: 4372
Joined: August 31st, 2020, 5:58 pm

Re: Board And Card Games

Post by MathAndCode » November 1st, 2020, 2:05 pm

BokaBB wrote:
November 1st, 2020, 2:01 pm
If that is a question of giving,yes.
Okay; here is the file. (I had to compress it because I cannot attach files with the extension .pptx.)
Attachments
Board game.pptx.zip
(27.38 KiB) Downloaded 42 times
I have historically worked on conduits, but recently, I've been working on glider syntheses and investigating SnakeLife.

BokaBB
Posts: 2571
Joined: December 30th, 2019, 11:55 am

Re: Board And Card Games

Post by BokaBB » November 1st, 2020, 2:13 pm

MathAndCode wrote:
November 1st, 2020, 2:05 pm
BokaBB wrote:
November 1st, 2020, 2:01 pm
If that is a question of giving,yes.
Okay; here is the file. (I had to compress it because I cannot attach files with the extension .pptx.)
I don't think I can play it in PowerPoint. I know to work with that program and there either is no tool for filling the squares with colour or I don't know about it.
Please visit The Wall Challenge. It is very interesting.
Have a good day!

BokaBB

MathAndCode
Posts: 4372
Joined: August 31st, 2020, 5:58 pm

Re: Board And Card Games

Post by MathAndCode » November 1st, 2020, 2:42 pm

BokaBB wrote:
November 1st, 2020, 2:13 pm
I don't think I can play it in PowerPoint. I know to work with that program and there either is no tool for filling the squares with colour or I don't know about it.
You have to change the shapes' fill color. Can you do that?
BokaBB wrote:
November 1st, 2020, 2:13 pm
Please visit The Wall Challenge. It is very interesting.
I have looked at it. I do not have any ideas currently, but if I get any ideas, then I will post them.
I have historically worked on conduits, but recently, I've been working on glider syntheses and investigating SnakeLife.

BokaBB
Posts: 2571
Joined: December 30th, 2019, 11:55 am

Re: Board And Card Games

Post by BokaBB » November 1st, 2020, 2:57 pm

MathAndCode wrote:
November 1st, 2020, 2:42 pm
BokaBB wrote:
November 1st, 2020, 2:13 pm
I don't think I can play it in PowerPoint. I know to work with that program and there either is no tool for filling the squares with colour or I don't know about it.
You have to change the shapes' fill color. Can you do that?
BokaBB wrote:
November 1st, 2020, 2:13 pm
Please visit The Wall Challenge. It is very interesting.
I have looked at it. I do not have any ideas currently, but if I get any ideas, then I will post them.
I know to do that,just had problems.
I hope you can test count bridge,I wish someone from the world to say a word or two about it. I will stop if I am annoying.
Have a good day!

BokaBB

MathAndCode
Posts: 4372
Joined: August 31st, 2020, 5:58 pm

Re: Board And Card Games

Post by MathAndCode » November 1st, 2020, 3:17 pm

BokaBB wrote:
November 1st, 2020, 2:57 pm
I hope you can test count bridge,I wish someone from the world to say a word or two about it. I will stop if I am annoying.
I feel like you are trying to get other people to investigate your creations for you again.
I have historically worked on conduits, but recently, I've been working on glider syntheses and investigating SnakeLife.

BokaBB
Posts: 2571
Joined: December 30th, 2019, 11:55 am

Re: Board And Card Games

Post by BokaBB » November 1st, 2020, 3:30 pm

MathAndCode wrote:
November 1st, 2020, 3:17 pm
BokaBB wrote:
November 1st, 2020, 2:57 pm
I hope you can test count bridge,I wish someone from the world to say a word or two about it. I will stop if I am annoying.
I feel like you are trying to get other people to investigate your creations for you again.
I am not talking about investigation,just seeing if it is good. Also,I am informing you about new things.
You don't have.
I am creating a new similar game that I will post tomorrow.
Have a good day!

BokaBB

User avatar
Moosey
Posts: 4185
Joined: January 27th, 2019, 5:54 pm
Location: A house, or perhaps the OCA board. Or [click to not expand]
Contact:

Re: Board And Card Games

Post by Moosey » November 1st, 2020, 4:28 pm

BokaBB wrote:
November 1st, 2020, 10:36 am
I am 100% sure I didn't made it :)

BokaBB
"yours truly" means "myself"

i.e. I made that chess game
My CA rules can be found here

Bill Watterson once wrote: "How do soldiers killing each other solve the world's problems?"
Nanho walåt derwo esaato?

leaplife advertising bad!

BokaBB
Posts: 2571
Joined: December 30th, 2019, 11:55 am

Re: Board And Card Games

Post by BokaBB » November 11th, 2020, 4:54 pm

Moosey wrote:
November 1st, 2020, 4:28 pm
BokaBB wrote:
November 1st, 2020, 10:36 am
I am 100% sure I didn't made it :)

BokaBB
"yours truly" means "myself"

i.e. I made that chess game
Good to know.
I will post a few games tomorrow.
Have a good day!

BokaBB

BokaBB
Posts: 2571
Joined: December 30th, 2019, 11:55 am

Re: Board And Card Games

Post by BokaBB » November 22nd, 2020, 5:34 am

The Last Ace

The Last Ace is another interesting card game by me.

The game can be played with any number of players other than 1, altrough I recommend 2 decks if many people are playing the game.

Before the game some player must remove all the aces from the standard 52 - card deck. After that some player other than the one who removed them must choose one to back into the deck.

After that each player is dealt 7 cards. If a player has an ace,it must make it visible to all other players.

Players take turns first discarding one card from their hand to the discard pile and then take one card from the taking pile (not the reverse). If the taking pile is fully used,the discard pile is reshuffled and becomes the taking pile.

Every 3 turns a ,, clearing" occurs. Players must remove all the cards that have none of the following qualities:

1. There exists another card with the same number or picture in the player's hand.

2. There is another card that is one bigger or lower than it (2 - 10 are worth the number on them,ace is worth 11,jack 12, queen 13 and king 14,however,jack and ten can mutually protect since ace has a special role).

3. There is a card that combined with the card gives the score 15. The card values are the same as in 2. The king can't be protected this way and is thus vulnerable, altrough it also gives the most score.

4. Ace:ace cannot be discarded until all other cards have gone. It is both good and bad: while it decreases the number of cards in the hand that can make occupied,it also occupies space and makes the player's hand functionally smaller. It can't be involved in any of 1-3 and can't protect other cards in any way.

If a player loses all its cards,it has lost the round. The winner of the round is the last player to stay alive in the game. The winner gets the number of points that is equal to the sum of all its cards (see 2. way of protecting cards for it). The winner of the game is the first player to reach some agreed score. I recommend 100 or 200 points.

What do you think?Is it a good game? Please play it a bit!
Have a good day!

BokaBB

Schiaparelliorbust
Posts: 3645
Joined: July 22nd, 2020, 9:50 am
Location: Acidalia Planitia

Re: Board And Card Games

Post by Schiaparelliorbust » December 5th, 2020, 7:37 am

I've had an idea for a game for a while, but I've never really implemented it. It's a game based on evolution, and it is going to be fairly realistic. I have some ideas for it that I will list here.
You have a species that you will try to keep alive for as long as you can. When a species goes extinct, the player gets a new species. As players cycle through species, the last player that has a species in a cycle gets a point. The game is never ending, so you need to keep track of stuff. The game will be largely based on chance, though strategy will also be important. The game will need 20-sided icosahedral dice. There will be a map with different biomes. You species will have adaptations. During a turn, everyone picks adaptation cards at the same time and add/remove/change adaptations. When adding/changing adaptations, you will have to choose two potential adaptations, one primary and one secondary. The primary one will have a 70% chance of being added, the secondary 30%. Adaptation changes happen to all members of a species. Then you gather food and water and/or move part or all of your species to another biome on the map. There will be seasons that affect how hot or cold it is. There will be male/female and juvenile members of a species.
What do you think? If anything is unclear, please say. I want to hear your ideas.
Hunting's language (though he doesn't want me to call it that)
Board And Card Games
Colorised CA
Alien Biosphere

BokaBB
Posts: 2571
Joined: December 30th, 2019, 11:55 am

Re: Board And Card Games

Post by BokaBB » December 5th, 2020, 8:40 am

Schiaparelliorbust wrote:
December 5th, 2020, 7:37 am
I've had an idea for a game for a while, but I've never really implemented it. It's a game based on evolution, and it is going to be fairly realistic. I have some ideas for it that I will list here.
You have a species that you will try to keep alive for as long as you can. When a species goes extinct, the player gets a new species. As players cycle through species, the last player that has a species in a cycle gets a point. The game is never ending, so you need to keep track of stuff. The game will be largely based on chance, though strategy will also be important. The game will need 20-sided icosahedral dice. There will be a map with different biomes. You species will have adaptations. During a turn, everyone picks adaptation cards at the same time and add/remove/change adaptations. When adding/changing adaptations, you will have to choose two potential adaptations, one primary and one secondary. The primary one will have a 70% chance of being added, the secondary 30%. Adaptation changes happen to all members of a species. Then you gather food and water and/or move part or all of your species to another biome on the map. There will be seasons that affect how hot or cold it is. There will be male/female and juvenile members of a species.
What do you think? If anything is unclear, please say. I want to hear your ideas.
Very interesting idea.I am pretty sure similar things exist.
Can you play - test my two card games?If I have time I will post some chess variants I made.
I personally prefer card games over the board ones since you can play billions of games with one deck while board games require special equipment that needs to be made or 3D - printed (these are still extremely expensive).
Have a good day!

BokaBB

Schiaparelliorbust
Posts: 3645
Joined: July 22nd, 2020, 9:50 am
Location: Acidalia Planitia

Re: Board And Card Games

Post by Schiaparelliorbust » December 5th, 2020, 8:47 am

BokaBB wrote:
December 5th, 2020, 8:40 am
Schiaparelliorbust wrote:
December 5th, 2020, 7:37 am
I've had an idea for a game for a while, but I've never really implemented it. It's a game based on evolution, and it is going to be fairly realistic. I have some ideas for it that I will list here.
You have a species that you will try to keep alive for as long as you can. When a species goes extinct, the player gets a new species. As players cycle through species, the last player that has a species in a cycle gets a point. The game is never ending, so you need to keep track of stuff. The game will be largely based on chance, though strategy will also be important. The game will need 20-sided icosahedral dice. There will be a map with different biomes. You species will have adaptations. During a turn, everyone picks adaptation cards at the same time and add/remove/change adaptations. When adding/changing adaptations, you will have to choose two potential adaptations, one primary and one secondary. The primary one will have a 70% chance of being added, the secondary 30%. Adaptation changes happen to all members of a species. Then you gather food and water and/or move part or all of your species to another biome on the map. There will be seasons that affect how hot or cold it is. There will be male/female and juvenile members of a species.
What do you think? If anything is unclear, please say. I want to hear your ideas.
Very interesting idea.I am pretty sure similar things exist.
Can you play - test my two card games?If I have time I will post some chess variants I made.
I personally prefer card games over the board ones since you can play billions of games with one deck while board games require special equipment that needs to be made or 3D - printed (these are still extremely expensive).
Have a good day!

BokaBB
I will look at your two card games. Do you have any suggestions for my game? There are already games based on evolution, but this one will be a lot more complex.
Hunting's language (though he doesn't want me to call it that)
Board And Card Games
Colorised CA
Alien Biosphere

BokaBB
Posts: 2571
Joined: December 30th, 2019, 11:55 am

Re: Board And Card Games

Post by BokaBB » December 5th, 2020, 9:03 am

Schiaparelliorbust wrote:
December 5th, 2020, 8:47 am
BokaBB wrote:
December 5th, 2020, 8:40 am
Schiaparelliorbust wrote:
December 5th, 2020, 7:37 am
I've had an idea for a game for a while, but I've never really implemented it. It's a game based on evolution, and it is going to be fairly realistic. I have some ideas for it that I will list here.
You have a species that you will try to keep alive for as long as you can. When a species goes extinct, the player gets a new species. As players cycle through species, the last player that has a species in a cycle gets a point. The game is never ending, so you need to keep track of stuff. The game will be largely based on chance, though strategy will also be important. The game will need 20-sided icosahedral dice. There will be a map with different biomes. You species will have adaptations. During a turn, everyone picks adaptation cards at the same time and add/remove/change adaptations. When adding/changing adaptations, you will have to choose two potential adaptations, one primary and one secondary. The primary one will have a 70% chance of being added, the secondary 30%. Adaptation changes happen to all members of a species. Then you gather food and water and/or move part or all of your species to another biome on the map. There will be seasons that affect how hot or cold it is. There will be male/female and juvenile members of a species.
What do you think? If anything is unclear, please say. I want to hear your ideas.
Very interesting idea.I am pretty sure similar things exist.
Can you play - test my two card games?If I have time I will post some chess variants I made.
I personally prefer card games over the board ones since you can play billions of games with one deck while board games require special equipment that needs to be made or 3D - printed (these are still extremely expensive).
Have a good day!

BokaBB
I will look at your two card games. Do you have any suggestions for my game? There are already games based on evolution, but this one will be a lot more complex.
Interesting,altrough I am not sure if it is my style. Maybe Survival or Species Clash (Is there any interspecies fight in your game?)?
Do you have any ideas how to make pieces for board games without a 3D printer?
I don't know wood working,metal working or anything similar.
Are all rules of my games well explained?
Have a good day!

BokaBB

Schiaparelliorbust
Posts: 3645
Joined: July 22nd, 2020, 9:50 am
Location: Acidalia Planitia

Re: Board And Card Games

Post by Schiaparelliorbust » December 5th, 2020, 9:09 am

BokaBB wrote:
December 5th, 2020, 9:03 am
Interesting,altrough I am not sure if it is my style. Maybe Survival or Species Clash (Is there any interspecies fight in your game?)?
Do you have any ideas how to make pieces for board games without a 3D printer?
I don't know wood working,metal working or anything similar.
Are all rules of my games well explained?
Have a good day!

BokaBB
Species can attack and, if they need to, eat each other. I think there should also be limited cannibalism. You don't necessarily need any 3D pieces, but it would be nice. I am looking at your rules now, so I'm not sure if I can or can't understand them yet.
Hunting's language (though he doesn't want me to call it that)
Board And Card Games
Colorised CA
Alien Biosphere

BokaBB
Posts: 2571
Joined: December 30th, 2019, 11:55 am

Re: Board And Card Games

Post by BokaBB » December 5th, 2020, 9:13 am

Schiaparelliorbust wrote:
December 5th, 2020, 9:09 am
BokaBB wrote:
December 5th, 2020, 9:03 am
Interesting,altrough I am not sure if it is my style. Maybe Survival or Species Clash (Is there any interspecies fight in your game?)?
Do you have any ideas how to make pieces for board games without a 3D printer?
I don't know wood working,metal working or anything similar.
Are all rules of my games well explained?
Have a good day!

BokaBB
Species can attack and, if they need to, eat each other. I think there should also be limited cannibalism. You don't necessarily need any 3D pieces, but it would be nice. I am looking at your rules now, so I'm not sure if I can or can't understand them yet.
Tell me a bit about details and equipment.
You may not understand the rules of count bridge without knowing bridge,but you still maybe could,not sure.
I also have an extensive number of chess variants created,but I don't have time right now to post them.
Have a good day!

BokaBB

Post Reply