User:Saka/Glossary of obscure terms
Here lies the Glossary of Obscure Terms, a Glossary for CA terms that have not yet fully established themselves in the minds of CAenthusiasts. This glossary contains words that may become words, and really weird terms.
These words come from the create your own terminology thread and myself.
- Agaric: A rule in which patterns should be run inside certain agars.
- Cloud: An exploding pattern that explodes chaotically and not into a certain shape.
- Corderoid: Any spaceship based off of a puffer or unstable moving pattern.
- Counterfeit: A spaceship that appears to be a certain ship in a certain phase but is in fact different.
- Colliding Rule: A rule that explodes not because of explosions but because of common collisions between objects.
- Essel(m): A pattern or rule that makes lots of still lives.
- Emu: A spaceship that creates sparks similar to that of other spaceships.
- Endemic: The attribute of an object that states that it only exists in 1 rule.
- Hiver: A spaceship that pushes hives. Like a Loafer, but with hives.
- Licking: An eating reaction that does not destroy either objects as in Unix.
- Moving still life: A moving object that consists of a wickstretcher and a backend that eats the wick.
- Minim(m): A rule with a short rulestring.
- Pseudocorder: A spaceship that looks like an explosion.
- Relativistic: Any spaceship with speed between c/2 and c, including knightships (and B0 diagonal ships).
- SMOS(a): A spaceship which is made up of other spaceships.
- Spinner: A periodic object that moves by spinning.
- Superstable: A pattern that appears to explode but is in fact stable.
- Tc: Orthogonal c.
- Translucent: Similar to a transparent oscillator, but the phase gets changed after restoration.
- Tower: A large vertical spaceship such as Caterpillar.
- Weightship: Any of the LWSS, MWSS, or HWSS.
- Xc: Diagonal c.
(m): Not yet confirmed; completely new words that are up for debate.
To submit your own words, edit the section below: