User:Entity Valkyrie 2/Valkyrie's memory cell
|Valkyrie's memory cell|
|View static image|
|Pattern type||Memory cell|
|Number of cells||1632|
|Discovered by|| Entity Valkyrie|
|Year of discovery||2018|
Valkyrie's memory cell (or Valkyrie-Greene's memory cell) is a memory cell made by Entity Valkyrie based on a reaction (demuxer 2) by Dave Greene. The 0 and 1 is shown by the boat. It has 4 glider inputs, shown as "ghost" gliders in the infobox:
- ON (sets the boat to 1, no glider output)
- OFF (sets the boat to 0, no glider output)
- TOGGLE (toggles the state of the boat, no glider output)
- READ (reads the state of the boat an outputs the glider)
The ON is a reaction that does TOGGLE after OFF. READ is a reaction that using the boat as a reflector destroys the boat and TOGGLEs it.
The 3 Snarks on the bottom prevent TOGGLE (and thus, ON) from producing a glider on the south-east. The READ is not connected to the TOGGLE, and thus it does produce this glider.
- ConwayLife forums: The Hunting of the Elementary Conduits (reaction by dvgrn)
- ConwayLife forums: Thread for your Useful Discoveries (full memory cell)