Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Jan. 13: Matthias Merzenich sets up a new "manually distributed" search (table here), to find out whether a symmetric c/8 spaceship exists at width 19.
- Jan. 9: Nathaniel Johnston completes a long-running enumeration of 34-bit still lifes, finding 35,422,864,104 strict still lifes with 34 bits, and 41,058,173,683 pseudo still lifes with the same bit count, including 26 triple pseudo still lifes.
- Jan. 5: A Rules namespace update on the LifeWiki allows LifeViewer to display in-browser many patterns using rule tables and trees, which previously couldn't be simulated without copying them into Golly.
- Dec. 30: Andrew J. Wade uses his search program, life_slice_ship_search, to find the second elementary 2c/7 spaceship, scholar.
- Dec. 29: Goldtiger997 synthesises a variant of David Hilbert.
- Dec. 28: Martin Grant finds a counterexample to a 22-year old conjecture by Dean Hickerson about still-life finitization.
- Dec. 25: Pavgran assembles Slavic , a quadratic-growth pattern similar to Hydra that doesn't need a central gun.
- Dec. 9: Goldtiger997 reduces the cost of the spider synthesis by over 100 gliders.
- Dec. 1: Martin Grant discovers a new period-49 oscillator based on a partial result by Jason Summers.