- As stated in [ConwayLife forums] :
Lifeline #5 is on the way. The process might be shortened with a project where contributors register themselves for limited tasks and publish every step on this subpage :
- scan a magazine issue
- OCR and check text
- create images
- check work, create links and edit wiki page
- Please help fixing this table!
- "X", done ; "x", partially ; " ", please help = fill blanks with your name if you have some time.
- Summaries are in Lifeline#Summary of the issues
- To collate a Lifeline issue is to check wether a picture exists under some other name, or if a question in issue # N :
gets its answer in # N+1 => create a link or stays unanswered => add to "Open problems in the Game of Life" which is to be created.
Be bold! Please add guidelines for :
The proposal is to keep linefeeds in the wiki source and let it flow on the page, except maybe in a table.
As usual in a wiki, only the first occurrence of a possible link is set.
Pictures are conveniently :
- Drawn using golly and its grid that may be made 5*5, the same as Wainwright's pics
- Uploaded with the applet and saved in ConwayLife.com (.rle, to store the source file)
- Saved as .png and uploaded here : there exists a shorter way with a link to the CL site.
Naming pictures with page number looks easier (lifeline_vol05_503.png is pic 3 of page 5 of issue 5)
There must be a common way to label a picture (insert text of specific font, put "x" instead of cells, and so on) : the howto is lacking for now.