Did you know...
- ... that block is the only known finite strict still life where each living cell has exactly 3 neighbours?
- ... that all strict still lifes up to and including 14 cells have been found by apgsearch in asymmetrical 16×16 soups?
- ... that c/2 orthogonal and c/4 diagonal were the only speeds of spaceships seen to emerge from asymmetric soups on Catagolue until 2020, when a loafer appeared naturally?
- ... that all currently known standard Herschel conduits produce the same Herschel great-grandfather pattern, except for Fx158?
- ... that eater 1 is the smallest asymmetric still life?
- ... that in Life, no spaceship can exist with a speed of (m,n)c/x where (m+n)/x > 0.5?
- ... that even without using fixed-cost reverse caber tosser technology, an N-bit strict still life – specifically, some length of long long (...) boat or ship – can be constructed for any odd integer N using no more than 20 gliders, and for any even integer N using no more than 21 gliders, using a temporary tubstretcher?
- ... that even without using fixed-cost reverse caber tosser technology, some specific N-bit period-2 oscillators can be constructed for any even integer N using no more than 27 gliders, and for any odd integer N using no more than 29 gliders, using a temporary tubstretcher?
- ... that it is currently an open question as to if there exists a periodic pattern whose only predecessors are its own evolutionary sequence?
- ... that it was proved in the early 1970s that reflectorless rotating oscillators exist in Life, but none were found until 2018 when Adam P. Goucher completed the 0E0P metacell, and none could be run through a full cycle without specialized hardware until smaller ones were constructed in 2021?