A QUARTERLY NEWSLETTER FOR ENTHUSIASTS OF JOHN CONWAY'S GAME OF LIFE O OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO O OOOOO O O OOOOO O O O O O O OO O O O O OOO OOO O O O O O OOO O O O O O O O OO O OOOOO OOOOO O OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO O O OOOOO
Lifeline was a newsletter for "enthusiasts of John Horton Conway's game of Life". It was issued quarterly for twelwe numbers, the first being in March 1971. The editor and publisher was Robert T. Wainwright. The text was typewritten and the sheets were stapled together.
Summary of the issues
Number 1 -=- MARCH 1971
- N-ominoes (Polyomino)
- A classification system for Life 'Objects'
- Colliding spaceships
- Subclasses of Class II - Oscillators
- Known Class V (Unstable, predictable) object Life histories
Number 2 -=- JUNE 1971
- Fates of the last four unknown heptominoes
- An expanded classification system for finite Life objects
- Examples for each objects class
- Coming events
- A comprehensive file of information generated by life experimenters
- Boltwood's Life program in FORTRAN