Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Created by||Chris Rowett|
If you want to use LifeViewer on your own site then the latest release can be downloaded here.
- Totalistic Life-like cellular automata.
- Non-totalistic Life-like cellular automata.
- 1D totalistic cellular automata.
- Larger than Life (LtL) rules.
- Higher-range outer-totalistic (HROT) rules.
- Generations rules.
- Alternating rules.
- MAP rules.
- [R]History rules.
- 2-state Margolus rules.
- Partitioned cellular automata (PCA) rules.
- RuleTable rules from a repository.
- Smooth non-integer zoom with anti-aliasing and rotation.
- Colour themes with cell history and longevity.
- Square, hexagonal and triangular grid displays.
- Pseudo 3D layers and stars.
- Multiple ways to automatically track patterns with the camera as they evolve.
- Script language that allows many features to be customized including Waypoint animations.
- Support for multiple embedded LifeViewers and/or a single popup LifeViewer.
- Ability to step back to earlier generations for all patterns and reverse playback for reversible Margolus and PCA patterns.
- Random pattern and rule generation.
- Pattern annotation with Labels, Arrows, Lines and Polygons.
- Programatically pasting cells onto the grid at defined intervals (for example: glider injection).
- Identification of oscillator and spaceship periods.
- Automatic scaling for high DPI displays including smartphones and tablets.
- Editor with unlimitied undo/redo and multiple clipboards.
The keyboard shortcuts are shown below:
- LifeViewer - Life simulator in HTML5 (discussion thread) at the ConwayLife.com forums
- Pattern viewer for forum threads (discussion thread) at the ConwayLife.com forums