Fore and back
|Fore and back|
|View animated image|
|View static image|
|Oscillator type||Billiard table|
|Number of cells||24|
|Rotor type||Pole 2|
|Discovered by||Achim Flammenkamp|
|Year of discovery||1994|
Fore and back is about the thirty-eighth most common naturally-occurring oscillator in Achim Flammenkamp's census, being less common than boat on spark coil and block on griddle, about as common as 21P2, and more common than trans-block on long hook eating tub and trans-beacon down on long hook.
In August, 2013 a 24-glider synthesis of this oscillator was found by Martin Grant, based on a soup, provided by Lewis Patterson. Several days later Mark Niemiec improved this result, having found a 20-glider synthesis.
- "Complementary blinker". The Life Lexicon. Stephen Silver. Retrieved on December 3, 2018.
- Achim Flammenkamp (September 7, 2004). "Most seen natural occurring ash objects in Game of Life". Retrieved on January 15, 2009.
- "Synthesising Oscillators". Retrieved on September 10, 2013.
- "Soup search results". Retrieved on November 9, 2014.
- 24P2.142 at Heinrich Koenig's Game of Life Object Catalogs