a video

For general discussion about Conway's Game of Life.
emuue

a video

Post by emuue » October 4th, 2011, 1:55 pm

i have made this video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2vgICfQawE

what do you think about it?

LumpsOfMuck

Re: a video

Post by LumpsOfMuck » November 3rd, 2011, 4:59 pm

emuue wrote:i have made this video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2vgICfQawE

what do you think about it?
I liked the video.

Tropylium

Post by Tropylium » November 4th, 2011, 1:03 pm

DRAMATIC!!!1!e⁰ :wink:

'Sokay I gess. Still, most Life "introduction" videos seem to not really introduce much else than the rules, and then it's straight into "look at all this cool stuff". Which is nice and all, but it's not hard to imagine something that might impart a bit of understanding too. Say, start by watching a B-heptomino run its course, first in slow-motion; zoom in on the glider(s) maybe. Then bring in the twin Bs shuttle & make a gun or three from them. An LWSS gun, maybe; from here things could segway into the puffer train. Add a few spaceships to make a rake. A quick look at Herschel tracks at some point maybe. And *then* start piling on the ciruitry until you have something like an MMM logarithmic Corder-sawtooth breeder… [disclaimer: example named may not actually exist yet]

(I'd also have put in a more … abstract soundtrack, but I'm kind of a music nerd anyway)

emuue

Post by emuue » November 19th, 2011, 9:00 am

Tropylium wrote:DRAMATIC!!!1!e⁰ :wink:

'Sokay I gess. Still, most Life "introduction" videos seem to not really introduce much else than the rules, and then it's straight into "look at all this cool stuff". Which is nice and all, but it's not hard to imagine something that might impart a bit of understanding too. Say, start by watching a B-heptomino run its course, first in slow-motion; zoom in on the glider(s) maybe. Then bring in the twin Bs shuttle & make a gun or three from them. An LWSS gun, maybe; from here things could segway into the puffer train. Add a few spaceships to make a rake. A quick look at Herschel tracks at some point maybe. And *then* start piling on the ciruitry until you have something like an MMM logarithmic Corder-sawtooth breeder… [disclaimer: example named may not actually exist yet]

(I'd also have put in a more … abstract soundtrack, but I'm kind of a music nerd anyway)
thank you! it is also a good suggestion :D