LifeViewer focus and positioning problems

Has something gone haywire? Let us know about it!
Naszvadi

LifeViewer focus and positioning problems

Post by Naszvadi » October 2nd, 2019, 3:49 am

Opening lifeviewer (in forums) - the viewer window more or less outside of the screen. And button areas, zoom gadgets etc. seems to be inactive, producing only scrolls. Keyboard combos seem to be okay.

Code: Select all

user@errorlevel:0:~$ echo $(firefox --version) ::: $(uname -o -p)
Mozilla Firefox 65.0.1 ::: x86_64 GNU/Linux
user@errorlevel:0:~$ 

rowett

Re: LifeViewer focus and positioning problems

Post by rowett » October 2nd, 2019, 3:58 am

Naszvadi wrote:
October 2nd, 2019, 3:49 am
Opening lifeviewer (in forums) - the viewer window more or less outside of the screen. And button areas, zoom gadgets etc. seems to be inactive, producing only scrolls. Keyboard combos seem to be okay.
Please refresh your browser (Ctrl-F5) and check you're using Build 418 (press H for Help and the build number is shown at the top).

Naszvadi

Post by Naszvadi » October 4th, 2019, 4:41 am

rowett wrote:
October 2nd, 2019, 3:58 am
Please refresh your browser (Ctrl-F5) and check you're using Build 418 (press H for Help and the build number is shown at the top).
LifeViewer version is now 420, works again; Thanks!

mniemiec

Post by mniemiec » October 4th, 2019, 3:43 pm

LifeViewer seems to be multiply broken for the past couple of days. When I using Firefox, it never brings up a subwindow at all, and the Javascript console shows this error:
IndexSizeError: Index or size is negative or greater than the allowed amount: lv-plugin.js:65

Code: Select all

(this.Ci="")};l.prototype.ZH=function(e){this.scale=e};l.prototype.Bl=function(e,h,p,q){var t;this.Be||(this.width=this.aa.width,this.height=this.aa.height,this.j=document.createElement("canvas"),this.j.width=this.width,this.j.height=this.height,this.D=this.j.getContext("2d"),this.ga=new Image,this.ja=new Image);if(this.Es){this.D.drawImage(this.aa,0,0);var v=this.D.getImageData(0,0,this.j.width,this.j.height);var u=new Uint32Array(v.data.buffer);for(t=0;t<u.length;t+=1)4294967295===u[t]&&(u[t]=this.uz);
(I can't tell the build number, for obvious reasons).

When I use Chrome, it comes up, and I can use space to advance, and the mouse to pan, but the scroll wheel alternates beetween visible and invisible (e.g. any zoom other than x1 fails), and clicking on any menu is ignored. Build is 420.

rowett

Post by rowett » October 4th, 2019, 11:07 pm

mniemiec wrote:
October 4th, 2019, 3:43 pm
When I using Firefox, it never brings up a subwindow at all, and the Javascript console shows this error:
IndexSizeError: Index or size is negative or greater than the allowed amount: lv-plugin.js:65
This should be fixed in Build 421. Please let me know.
mniemiec wrote:
October 4th, 2019, 3:43 pm
When I use Chrome, it comes up, and I can use space to advance, and the mouse to pan, but the scroll wheel alternates beetween visible and invisible (e.g. any zoom other than x1 fails), and clicking on any menu is ignored. Build is 420.
It's possible this is also fixed in Build 421 but again please let me know since I can't reproduce it.

mniemiec

Post by mniemiec » October 5th, 2019, 6:35 am

422 now does displays in Firefox.

In Chrome 77.0.3865.90 (Official Build) (64-bit), at any zoom factor of 100% or above, the width appears approximately correct (the same width as the screen), although the height is not (around the bottom half fills the screen); the alignment is slightly off too - it seems to be slightly indented on the right, and slightly cut off on both the left and bottom.

In Firefox 69.0.2 (64-bit), at any zoom factor of 100% or above, the image appears to be about half the size it should be, also with the top half extending beyond the top of the screen; the initial image is pinned to the left edge of the screen rather than the right, and also seems to be slightly mis-aligned as in Chrome, clipping off the edge of the left side of the image.

I'm running Windows 10, 1600x900 display with 125% text/app size.

rowett

Post by rowett » October 5th, 2019, 2:07 pm

mniemiec wrote:
October 5th, 2019, 6:35 am
In Chrome 77.0.3865.90 (Official Build) (64-bit), at any zoom factor of 100% or above, the width appears approximately correct (the same width as the screen), although the height is not (around the bottom half fills the screen)
The height issue should now be fixed. Note I still need to deal with the browser zoom being changed dynamically.
mniemiec wrote:
October 5th, 2019, 6:35 am
In Firefox 69.0.2 (64-bit), at any zoom factor of 100% or above, the image appears to be about half the size it should be, also with the top half extending beyond the top of the screen; the initial image is pinned to the left edge of the screen rather than the right, and also seems to be slightly mis-aligned as in Chrome, clipping off the edge of the left side of the image.
This should also be improved though I think there are still slight clipping issues.

mniemiec

Post by mniemiec » October 5th, 2019, 11:57 pm

rowett wrote:
October 5th, 2019, 2:07 pm
This should also be improved though I think there are still slight clipping issues.
Chrome now seems to positioned and scale LifeViewer correctly, but now Firefox once again doesn't display LifeViewer at all.

rowett

Post by rowett » October 6th, 2019, 4:39 am

mniemiec wrote:
October 5th, 2019, 11:57 pm
Chrome now seems to positioned and scale LifeViewer correctly, but now Firefox once again doesn't display LifeViewer at all.
Hopefully this is fixed in Build 423. I've tested it on Chrome, Firefox, Opera and Edge on Windows, and Safari on iPhone.

mniemiec

Post by mniemiec » October 6th, 2019, 5:44 am

rowett wrote:
October 6th, 2019, 4:39 am
Hopefully this is fixed in Build 423. I've tested it on Chrome, Firefox, Opera and Edge on Windows, and Safari on iPhone.
It now seems to be working correctly on Firefox again. Thanks!