LifeViewer close button

Has something gone haywire? Let us know about it!
mniemiec

LifeViewer close button

Post by mniemiec » September 2nd, 2019, 7:27 pm

Today, I just noticed a change in LifeViewer (in Firefox, on Windows). I normally use a positive zoom factor (133% or 150%) so I can easily read page text. When zoomed in, the LifeViewer window slightly exceeds the screen size, and its title bar is pushed beyond the top of the screen. This is not a problem, as the pattern itself can be resized and re-positioned to fit on the screen, and the full menu is still visible. The only important that was inaccessible was the close button. I have to reduce the size to 100% to be able to see the title bar.

Until yesterday, bringing up the menu brought up another close button right above the gear icon, but I noticed today that this is no longer the case. It's still possible to close LifeViewer by pressing ESC, but forcing one to use a key in an otherwise mouse-only interface is a bit clunky, and might also create some accessibility issues.

rowett

Re: LifeViewer close button

Post by rowett » September 3rd, 2019, 4:34 am

mniemiec wrote:Until yesterday, bringing up the menu brought up another close button right above the gear icon, but I noticed today that this is no longer the case.
True. I'll revert the change.

rowett

Post by rowett » September 3rd, 2019, 9:53 am

The close button has been restored in Build 396.

mniemiec

Post by mniemiec » September 3rd, 2019, 4:36 pm

rowett wrote:The close button has been restored in Build 396.
Thanks!