Version 0.3.0

For discussion directly related to ConwayLife.com, such as requesting changes to how the forums or home page function.
Nathaniel
Site Admin

Version 0.3.0

Post by Nathaniel » January 23rd, 2009, 8:21 pm

Version beta 0.3.0 was uploaded today. The following changes since beta 0.2.0 have been made:

• Generation and cell counts are shown at the top right of the canvas now
• Scrolling and zooming is now much smoother (there used to be some lag when you clicked on those buttons)
• Scrolling and zooming is now permitted while the animation is running
• Zooming can now be performed by dragging the zoombar, rather than having to click on the "+" or "-" buttons
• Zooming can also now be performed by clicking on the zoombar above or below the current zoom location
• The image showing the current zoom location now flickers significantly less
• The applet now works with Internet Explorer, though the user is warned of potential lock-ups if they try to run it too fast
• The generations per second limit has been increased from 25 to 100
• The number of generations per second can now be changed while the animation is running
• The animation can now be started by pressing the Enter key while the "Generations per second" box is selected
• The green box that appears when you mouse over a cell now behaves better when drawing lines via dragging
• The popup boxes now display properly in Internet Explorer
• If there is overlap between the dropdown menus and a popup box, the dropdown menu appears on top now, as it should
• Dropdown menus now close automatically when they are clicked (so that they don't linger for a quarter second while the resulting popup is open)
• The animation now automatically pauses when popups appear on top

Haycat2009

Re: Version 0.3.0

Post by Haycat2009 » November 19th, 2023, 7:20 am

Is the GPS limit still currently 100, or has it been decreased to 60? Also, is there a GPS to step converter or formula?
~ Haycat Durnak, a hard-working editor
Also, support Conway and Friends story mode!
I mean no harm to those who have tested me. But do not take this for granted.

rutabaga

Re: Version 0.3.0

Post by rutabaga » January 25th, 2024, 3:54 pm

Haycat2009 wrote:
November 19th, 2023, 7:20 am
Is the GPS limit still currently 100, or has it been decreased to 60? Also, is there a GPS to step converter or formula?
for some reason, on my school laptop the limit is 60 but on my home computer it's 144...
also congrats on the greatest necropost in history

Code: Select all

x=4, y=9, rule=1e234j/3-j/6
.2A3$2A$A.EA$.BEA$2.C$.B2C$2.2A!
i'm back! here have a p12