Thread For Your Naming Proposals of Unnamed Patterns

For discussion of specific patterns or specific families of patterns, both newly-discovered and well-known.
User avatar
GUYTU6J
Posts: 986
Joined: August 5th, 2016, 10:27 am
Location: 中国

Re: Thread For Your Naming Proposals of Unnamed Patterns

Post by GUYTU6J » June 26th, 2019, 11:30 pm

adr wrote:I've alway's called this a carpet roller, because it rolls a carpet-looking shape.
Welcome to the forums! This thread belongs to the Patterns subforum, which is entirely dedicated to Conway's Game of Life(B3/S23).To talk about other rules, you may go to the Other Cellular Automata subforum.
I bet this is not zdr
Skimmed to: Soup search results Pg61
This is an ad for my new comic.
-GUYTU6J

User avatar
Moosey
Posts: 3186
Joined: January 27th, 2019, 5:54 pm
Location: A house, or perhaps the OCA board. Or [click to not expand]
Contact:

Re: Thread For Your Naming Proposals of Unnamed Patterns

Post by Moosey » August 12th, 2019, 7:23 pm

I have a new proposal for 30P5H2V0, what I call Pocketwatch--looking back on project alias I see "caravan" was suggested since it's a "moving house". How about "mobile home"? (Of course I still prefer pocketwatch)
I am a prolific creator of many rather pathetic googological functions

My CA rules can be found here

Also, the tree game
Bill Watterson once wrote: "How do soldiers killing each other solve the world's problems?"

User avatar
Saka
Posts: 3207
Joined: June 19th, 2015, 8:50 pm
Location: In the kingdom of Sultan Hamengkubuwono X
Contact:

Re: Thread For Your Naming Proposals of Unnamed Patterns

Post by Saka » August 13th, 2019, 9:58 am

This is purely based on feeling, but for me none of the names above fit the ship very well. "Caravan" fits the best for me. Again, this is all feelings, I have no good reasons, I just feel they dont fit.

Code: Select all

x = 17, y = 10, rule = B3/S23
b2ob2obo5b2o$11b4obo$2bob3o2bo2b3o$bo3b2o4b2o$o2bo2bob2o3b4o$bob2obo5b
o2b2o$2b2o4bobo2b3o$bo3b5ob2obobo$2bo5bob2o$4bob2o2bobobo!
(Check gen 2)

CollinGao
Posts: 4
Joined: July 31st, 2019, 7:42 am

Re: Thread For Your Naming Proposals of Unnamed Patterns

Post by CollinGao » August 23rd, 2019, 11:37 pm

I dunno whether this is in the right place.
velcrorex wrote:Found this pattern and I'm not sure quite how to classify it. It's like a wickstretcher, except the wick is "noisy".

Code: Select all

x = 40, y = 13, rule = B3678/S34678
bboo13bo$boo12b6o$5o8boob3o$b3obo7b6obboo6bobbo3boo$bbo3bob3obbobb4obb
o4b5ob5o$3bobboo3bobob11oboobb8o$4b10obbob7o3boobb6obo$3bobboo3bobob
11oboobb8o$bbo3bob3obbobb4obbo4b5ob5o$b3obo7b6obboo6bobbo3boo$5o8boob
3o$boo12b6o$bboo13bo!
I will call it a "wickpuffer", since I can`t find a pattern of the oscillating "noise", which might be simulating a dirty puffer in a 1dimensional CA (i dunno)
Can anyone prove that this is aperiodic or not?

User avatar
GUYTU6J
Posts: 986
Joined: August 5th, 2016, 10:27 am
Location: 中国

Re: Thread For Your Naming Proposals of Unnamed Patterns

Post by GUYTU6J » August 24th, 2019, 12:41 am

CollinGao wrote:I dunno whether this is in the right place.
velcrorex wrote:Found this pattern and I'm not sure quite how to classify it. It's like a wickstretcher, except the wick is "noisy".

Code: Select all

x = 40, y = 13, rule = B3678/S34678
bboo13bo$boo12b6o$5o8boob3o$b3obo7b6obboo6bobbo3boo$bbo3bob3obbobb4obb
o4b5ob5o$3bobboo3bobob11oboobb8o$4b10obbob7o3boobb6obo$3bobboo3bobob
11oboobb8o$bbo3bob3obbobb4obbo4b5ob5o$b3obo7b6obboo6bobbo3boo$5o8boob
3o$boo12b6o$bboo13bo!
I will call it a "wickpuffer", since I can`t find a pattern of the oscillating "noise", which might be simulating a dirty puffer in a 1dimensional CA (i dunno)
Can anyone prove that this is aperiodic or not?
GUYTU6J wrote: Welcome to the forums! This thread belongs to the Patterns subforum, which is entirely dedicated to Conway's Game of Life(B3/S23).To talk about other rules, you may go to the Other Cellular Automata subforum.
Someone change this thread's title please so that it doesn't collect OCA stuffs.
Skimmed to: Soup search results Pg61
This is an ad for my new comic.
-GUYTU6J

CollinGao
Posts: 4
Joined: July 31st, 2019, 7:42 am

Re: Thread For Your Naming Proposals of Unnamed Patterns

Post by CollinGao » August 24th, 2019, 1:20 am

GUYTU6J wrote:
CollinGao wrote:I dunno whether this is in the right place.
velcrorex wrote:Found this pattern and I'm not sure quite how to classify it. It's like a wickstretcher, except the wick is "noisy".

Code: Select all

x = 40, y = 13, rule = B3678/S34678
bboo13bo$boo12b6o$5o8boob3o$b3obo7b6obboo6bobbo3boo$bbo3bob3obbobb4obb
o4b5ob5o$3bobboo3bobob11oboobb8o$4b10obbob7o3boobb6obo$3bobboo3bobob
11oboobb8o$bbo3bob3obbobb4obbo4b5ob5o$b3obo7b6obboo6bobbo3boo$5o8boob
3o$boo12b6o$bboo13bo!
I will call it a "wickpuffer", since I can`t find a pattern of the oscillating "noise", which might be simulating a dirty puffer in a 1dimensional CA (i dunno)
Can anyone prove that this is aperiodic or not?
GUYTU6J wrote: Welcome to the forums! This thread belongs to the Patterns subforum, which is entirely dedicated to Conway's Game of Life(B3/S23).To talk about other rules, you may go to the Other Cellular Automata subforum.
Someone change this thread's title please so that it doesn't collect OCA stuffs.
Ok. I`m sorry.

User avatar
Gustone
Posts: 613
Joined: March 6th, 2019, 2:26 am

Re: Thread For Your Naming Proposals of Unnamed Patterns

Post by Gustone » August 31st, 2019, 11:25 am

Moosey wrote:Jerry? What?
Dani will understand
My favourite oscillator of all time

Code: Select all

x = 15, y = 13, rule = B3/S23
7bo2$3b2o5b2o$b2o4bo4b2o$5b2ob2o$bobo7bobo$bo2bobobobo2bo$5obobob5o$o
4bo3bo4bo$b3obobobob3o$3bob2obo2bo$8bobo$8b2o!

User avatar
Entity Valkyrie 2
Posts: 500
Joined: February 26th, 2019, 7:13 pm
Location: Hijuatl, Zumaland
Contact:

Re: Thread For Your Naming Proposals of Unnamed Patterns

Post by Entity Valkyrie 2 » November 12th, 2019, 2:33 am

Moosey wrote:
March 11th, 2019, 6:41 pm
Here's a naming proposal.
First, the resulting pattern needs to officially be called a beethoven, given that it is basically official terminology.

Code: Select all

x = 5, y = 4, rule = B3/S23
o3bo$o3bo$o3bo$b3o!
And thus, the resulting constellation for this is a chopin:

Code: Select all

x = 3, y = 7, rule = B3/S23
3o2$bo$bo$obo$bo$bo!
Note:
The chopin is formed from a somewhat similar sparking as the beethoven, but contact is established two generations later.

Code: Select all

x = 16, y = 8, rule = B3/S23
obo10bo$3o10bobo$13b2o3$3o9b3o$obo9bobo$3o9b3o!
are there any constellations to call Bachs, Schumanns, Rachmanninoffs, and other Baroque, Classical, Romantic (etc.) composers?

EDIT:
I guess this is a Bach:

Code: Select all

x = 5, y = 12, rule = B3/S23
2bo$2bo$2bo3$2bo$bobo$o3bo$o3bo$o3bo$bobo$2bo!
and don't worry, we have plenty of material.

This must be a schumann:

Code: Select all

x = 15, y = 3, rule = B3/S23
3o3b2o2b2o2bo$obo2bo2bo2bo2bo$3o3b2o2b2o2bo!
What would be a mozart
The ENEERG-y of the EVAD is watching.
The 70th NAI-ve guy is watching.

Please see User:Entity Valkyrie 2 for my own pages.

Please see User:Entity Valkyrie 2/StateInvestigator. Expect me to post StateInvestigator patterns in ExtendedLife threads.

Post Reply