Thread For Your Accidental Discoveries

For discussion of specific patterns or specific families of patterns, both newly-discovered and well-known.
mniemiec
Posts: 1179
Joined: June 1st, 2013, 12:00 am

Re: Thread For Your Accidental Discoveries

Post by mniemiec » September 9th, 2018, 1:01 pm

Hunting wrote:... What's this?
Surprisingly enough, this same exact mechanism is already known. Here is a 5 glider synthesis of 20.29799 by Dean Hickerson from 2010-01-08 or earlier:

Code: Select all

x = 64, y = 32, rule = B3/S23
34bo$33bo$33b3o$28boo$27boo$24boo3bo$25boo31boo$24bo33bobo$60bo$60boo$
57boobo$57boobo$60boboo$60bobbo$61boo$$24boo$23bobo$25bo11$3o$bbo$bo!
EDIT: Tick 66 of this is identical to tick 1 of your pattern, with one additional glider for clean-up.
Last edited by mniemiec on September 9th, 2018, 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hunting
Posts: 3467
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am

Re: Thread For Your Accidental Discoveries

Post by Hunting » September 9th, 2018, 8:18 pm

mniemiec wrote:
Hunting wrote:... What's this?
Surprisingly enough, this same exact mechanism is already known. Here is a 5 glider synthesis of 20.29799 by Dean Hickerson from 2010-01-08 or earlier:

Code: Select all

x = 64, y = 32, rule = B3/S23
34bo$33bo$33b3o$28boo$27boo$24boo3bo$25boo31boo$24bo33bobo$60bo$60boo$
57boobo$57boobo$60boboo$60bobbo$61boo$$24boo$23bobo$25bo11$3o$bbo$bo!
Known? Okay.
MLP: Multi-Layer Perceptron

Also, you just lost the game.
Moosey wrote:
February 5th, 2019, 7:51 pm
“New knightship tagalong!”
“Quick, hide it!”
My TODO list

LeapLife - DirtyLife - LispLife

Sarp
Posts: 218
Joined: March 1st, 2015, 1:28 pm

Re: Thread For Your Accidental Discoveries

Post by Sarp » September 11th, 2018, 1:04 pm

R->very large dust->boat dust can be perturbed to create useful stuff

Code: Select all

x = 26, y = 21, rule = LifeHistory
2.4B$.6B$.8B8.2C$.10B6.C$.10B3.BC.C$.2BC9B.B2C$.2B2C10B$.B2C12B$.9BD
4B$9BDBD3B2C$.9B2DB.C2BC2.2C$.11B2.CBCB3.C2.C$2.8B5.C4B.C.C.C$3.5B9.B
2C.C2.C$17.BCB.C$15.C4.C$15.5C2$17.C$16.C.C$17.C!
WADUFI

Hunting
Posts: 3467
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am

Re: Thread For Your Accidental Discoveries

Post by Hunting » September 11th, 2018, 9:41 pm

Sarp wrote:R->very large dust->boat dust can be perturbed to create useful stuff

Code: Select all

x = 26, y = 21, rule = LifeHistory
2.4B$.6B$.8B8.2C$.10B6.C$.10B3.BC.C$.2BC9B.B2C$.2B2C10B$.B2C12B$.9BD
4B$9BDBD3B2C$.9B2DB.C2BC2.2C$.11B2.CBCB3.C2.C$2.8B5.C4B.C.C.C$3.5B9.B
2C.C2.C$17.BCB.C$15.C4.C$15.5C2$17.C$16.C.C$17.C!
Hey, this pattern looks like Gustavo's pattern, but is it an ACCIDENTAL discovery?
Anyway, nice pattern.
MLP: Multi-Layer Perceptron

Also, you just lost the game.
Moosey wrote:
February 5th, 2019, 7:51 pm
“New knightship tagalong!”
“Quick, hide it!”
My TODO list

LeapLife - DirtyLife - LispLife

Sarp
Posts: 218
Joined: March 1st, 2015, 1:28 pm

Re: Thread For Your Accidental Discoveries

Post by Sarp » September 12th, 2018, 1:52 am

Well, I discovered this while trying to eat the b from a r pentomino but I accidentally ate the pre-b
WADUFI

Hunting
Posts: 3467
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am

Re: Thread For Your Accidental Discoveries

Post by Hunting » September 12th, 2018, 2:10 am

Sarp wrote:Well, I discovered this while trying to eat the b from a r pentomino but I accidentally ate the pre-b
Okay.
MLP: Multi-Layer Perceptron

Also, you just lost the game.
Moosey wrote:
February 5th, 2019, 7:51 pm
“New knightship tagalong!”
“Quick, hide it!”
My TODO list

LeapLife - DirtyLife - LispLife

Gamedziner
Posts: 795
Joined: May 30th, 2016, 8:47 pm
Location: Milky Way Galaxy: Planet Earth

Re: Thread For Your Accidental Discoveries

Post by Gamedziner » September 13th, 2018, 9:00 am

Is this p4 agar known?

Code: Select all

x = 10, y = 10, rule = LifeHistory:T10,10
.3B2.3A$B.B.BA.B.A$2B.2BAB.BA$B.B.BA.B.A$.3B2.3A$.3A2.3B$A.B.AB.B.B$A
B.BA2B.2B$A.B.AB.B.B$.3A2.3B!
I found it while randomly drawing on a 10 by 10 torus. If it isn't known, I would like to call its stabilization (assuming one exists) "checkered traffic hassler."

Code: Select all

x = 81, y = 96, rule = LifeHistory
58.2A$58.2A3$59.2A17.2A$59.2A17.2A3$79.2A$79.2A2$57.A$56.A$56.3A4$27.
A$27.A.A$27.2A21$3.2A$3.2A2.2A$7.2A18$7.2A$7.2A2.2A$11.2A11$2A$2A2.2A
$4.2A18$4.2A$4.2A2.2A$8.2A!

Sokwe
Moderator
Posts: 1674
Joined: July 9th, 2009, 2:44 pm

Re: Thread For Your Accidental Discoveries

Post by Sokwe » September 13th, 2018, 3:39 pm

Gamedziner wrote:Is this p4 agar known?

Code: Select all

x = 10, y = 10, rule = LifeHistory:T10,10
.3B2.3A$B.B.BA.B.A$2B.2BAB.BA$B.B.BA.B.A$.3B2.3A$.3A2.3B$A.B.AB.B.B$A
B.BA2B.2B$A.B.AB.B.B$.3A2.3B!
It's in the jslife pattern collection (osc/o0004.lif):

Code: Select all

x = 63, y = 58, rule = B3/S23
11bo39bo$8bobobo37bobobo$7bob2o2bo35bo2b2obo$7bo3bobo35bobo3bo$5b2ob2o
b2o3b2o27b2o3b2ob2ob2o$4bobo3bo4bobo27bobo4bo3bobo$4b2o2bobob4o31b4obo
bo2b2o$2b2o4bo3bo3bo4bo4bo4bo4bo4bo4bo3bo3bo4b2o$bo2bob2ob2o3b2obo2bob
o2bobo2bobo2bobo2bobo2bob2o3b2ob2obo2bo$2bobo3bobo4bob4ob4ob4ob4ob4ob
4obo4bobo3bobo$b2o2b2ob2o5bobo2bobo2bobo2bobo2bobo2bobo2bobo5b2ob2o2b
2o$o2b2o7b3o4bo3bo5bo3bo5bo3bo4b3o7b2o2bo$bo2bob2o3bo7bo3bo5bo3bo5bo3b
o7bo3b2obo2bo$2b2o2bo4bo8b3o7b3o7b3o8bo4bo2b2o$6bobo2bo3b3o7b3o7b3o7b
3o3bo2bobo$5b2ob3o3bo3bo5bo3bo5bo3bo5bo3bo3b3ob2o$4bo2bo6bo3bo5bo3bo5b
o3bo5bo3bo6bo2bo$4b2o2b3o3bo3bo5bo3bo5bo3bo5bo3bo3b3o2b2o$9bo5b3o7b3o
7b3o7b3o5bo$9bob2o7b3o7b3o7b3o7b2obo$8b3o2bo5bo3bo5bo3bo5bo3bo5bo2b3o$
7bo5bo5bo3bo5bo3bo5bo3bo5bo5bo$8b3o2bo5bo3bo5bo3bo5bo3bo5bo2b3o$9bob2o
7b3o7b3o7b3o7b2obo$9bo5b3o7b3o7b3o7b3o5bo$8b3o3bo3bo5bo3bo5bo3bo5bo3bo
3b3o$7bo6bo3bo5bo3bo5bo3bo5bo3bo6bo$8b3o3bo3bo5bo3bo5bo3bo5bo3bo3b3o$
9bo5b3o7b3o7b3o7b3o5bo$9bob2o7b3o7b3o7b3o7b2obo$8b3o2bo5bo3bo5bo3bo5bo
3bo5bo2b3o$7bo5bo5bo3bo5bo3bo5bo3bo5bo5bo$8b3o2bo5bo3bo5bo3bo5bo3bo5bo
2b3o$9bob2o7b3o7b3o7b3o7b2obo$9bo5b3o7b3o7b3o7b3o5bo$8b3o3bo3bo5bo3bo
5bo3bo5bo3bo3b3o$7bo6bo3bo5bo3bo5bo3bo5bo3bo6bo$8b3o3bo3bo5bo3bo5bo3bo
5bo3bo3b3o$9bo5b3o7b3o7b3o7b3o5bo$9bob2o7b3o7b3o7b3o7b2obo$4b2o2b3o2bo
5bo3bo5bo3bo5bo3bo5bo2b3o2b2o$4bo2bo5bo5bo3bo5bo3bo5bo3bo5bo5bo2bo$5b
2ob3o2bo5bo3bo5bo3bo5bo3bo5bo2b3ob2o$6bobo3bo7b3o7b3o7b3o7bo3bobo$2b2o
2bo3bo4b3o7b3o7b3o7b3o4bo3bo2b2o$bo2bob2o2bo3bo3bo5bo3bo5bo3bo5bo3bo3b
o2b2obo2bo$o2b2o4bo8bo5bo3bo5bo3bo5bo8bo4b2o2bo$b2o2bob3o2b2obobo2bobo
2bobo2bobo2bobo2bobo2bobob2o2b3obo2b2o$2bobo2bo2b2o3bob4ob4ob4ob4ob4ob
4obo3b2o2bo2bobo$bo2b4o2bo3b2obo2bobo2bobo2bobo2bobo2bobo2bob2o3bo2b4o
2bo$2b2o4b3obo3bo4bo4bo4bo4bo4bo4bo3bob3o4b2o$4bo3bo3b4o31b4o3bo3bo$4b
o3bobo4bobo27bobo4bobo3bo$5b2ob2ob2o3b2o27b2o3b2ob2ob2o$7bo3bobo35bobo
3bo$7bob2o2bo35bo2b2obo$8bobobo37bobobo$11bo39bo!
-Matthias Merzenich

User avatar
KittyTac
Posts: 533
Joined: December 21st, 2017, 9:58 am

Re: Thread For Your Accidental Discoveries

Post by KittyTac » September 13th, 2018, 9:38 pm

Sokwe wrote:
Gamedziner wrote:Is this p4 agar known?

Code: Select all

x = 10, y = 10, rule = LifeHistory:T10,10
.3B2.3A$B.B.BA.B.A$2B.2BAB.BA$B.B.BA.B.A$.3B2.3A$.3A2.3B$A.B.AB.B.B$A
B.BA2B.2B$A.B.AB.B.B$.3A2.3B!
It's in the jslife pattern collection (osc/o0004.lif):

Code: Select all

x = 63, y = 58, rule = B3/S23
11bo39bo$8bobobo37bobobo$7bob2o2bo35bo2b2obo$7bo3bobo35bobo3bo$5b2ob2o
b2o3b2o27b2o3b2ob2ob2o$4bobo3bo4bobo27bobo4bo3bobo$4b2o2bobob4o31b4obo
bo2b2o$2b2o4bo3bo3bo4bo4bo4bo4bo4bo4bo3bo3bo4b2o$bo2bob2ob2o3b2obo2bob
o2bobo2bobo2bobo2bobo2bob2o3b2ob2obo2bo$2bobo3bobo4bob4ob4ob4ob4ob4ob
4obo4bobo3bobo$b2o2b2ob2o5bobo2bobo2bobo2bobo2bobo2bobo2bobo5b2ob2o2b
2o$o2b2o7b3o4bo3bo5bo3bo5bo3bo4b3o7b2o2bo$bo2bob2o3bo7bo3bo5bo3bo5bo3b
o7bo3b2obo2bo$2b2o2bo4bo8b3o7b3o7b3o8bo4bo2b2o$6bobo2bo3b3o7b3o7b3o7b
3o3bo2bobo$5b2ob3o3bo3bo5bo3bo5bo3bo5bo3bo3b3ob2o$4bo2bo6bo3bo5bo3bo5b
o3bo5bo3bo6bo2bo$4b2o2b3o3bo3bo5bo3bo5bo3bo5bo3bo3b3o2b2o$9bo5b3o7b3o
7b3o7b3o5bo$9bob2o7b3o7b3o7b3o7b2obo$8b3o2bo5bo3bo5bo3bo5bo3bo5bo2b3o$
7bo5bo5bo3bo5bo3bo5bo3bo5bo5bo$8b3o2bo5bo3bo5bo3bo5bo3bo5bo2b3o$9bob2o
7b3o7b3o7b3o7b2obo$9bo5b3o7b3o7b3o7b3o5bo$8b3o3bo3bo5bo3bo5bo3bo5bo3bo
3b3o$7bo6bo3bo5bo3bo5bo3bo5bo3bo6bo$8b3o3bo3bo5bo3bo5bo3bo5bo3bo3b3o$
9bo5b3o7b3o7b3o7b3o5bo$9bob2o7b3o7b3o7b3o7b2obo$8b3o2bo5bo3bo5bo3bo5bo
3bo5bo2b3o$7bo5bo5bo3bo5bo3bo5bo3bo5bo5bo$8b3o2bo5bo3bo5bo3bo5bo3bo5bo
2b3o$9bob2o7b3o7b3o7b3o7b2obo$9bo5b3o7b3o7b3o7b3o5bo$8b3o3bo3bo5bo3bo
5bo3bo5bo3bo3b3o$7bo6bo3bo5bo3bo5bo3bo5bo3bo6bo$8b3o3bo3bo5bo3bo5bo3bo
5bo3bo3b3o$9bo5b3o7b3o7b3o7b3o5bo$9bob2o7b3o7b3o7b3o7b2obo$4b2o2b3o2bo
5bo3bo5bo3bo5bo3bo5bo2b3o2b2o$4bo2bo5bo5bo3bo5bo3bo5bo3bo5bo5bo2bo$5b
2ob3o2bo5bo3bo5bo3bo5bo3bo5bo2b3ob2o$6bobo3bo7b3o7b3o7b3o7bo3bobo$2b2o
2bo3bo4b3o7b3o7b3o7b3o4bo3bo2b2o$bo2bob2o2bo3bo3bo5bo3bo5bo3bo5bo3bo3b
o2b2obo2bo$o2b2o4bo8bo5bo3bo5bo3bo5bo8bo4b2o2bo$b2o2bob3o2b2obobo2bobo
2bobo2bobo2bobo2bobo2bobob2o2b3obo2b2o$2bobo2bo2b2o3bob4ob4ob4ob4ob4ob
4obo3b2o2bo2bobo$bo2b4o2bo3b2obo2bobo2bobo2bobo2bobo2bobo2bob2o3bo2b4o
2bo$2b2o4b3obo3bo4bo4bo4bo4bo4bo4bo3bob3o4b2o$4bo3bo3b4o31b4o3bo3bo$4b
o3bobo4bobo27bobo4bobo3bo$5b2ob2ob2o3b2o27b2o3b2ob2ob2o$7bo3bobo35bobo
3bo$7bob2o2bo35bo2b2obo$8bobobo37bobobo$11bo39bo!
It's slightly different.

User avatar
dvgrn
Moderator
Posts: 7155
Joined: May 17th, 2009, 11:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: Thread For Your Accidental Discoveries

Post by dvgrn » September 13th, 2018, 9:51 pm

KittyTac wrote:It's slightly different.
Hard to see how. Check out a larger patch of Gamedziner's agar:

Code: Select all

x = 80, y = 80, rule = LifeHistory:T80,80
.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B$A.B.A
B.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.
AB.B.B$AB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB
.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2B$A.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.B
A.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.B$.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.
3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B$.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.
3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A$B.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA
.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.A$2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.
2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA$B.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB
.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.A$.3B2.3A2.
3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A$.3A2.3B2.3A2.
3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B$A.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B
.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.B$AB.BA
2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.B
A2B.2B$A.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.
B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.B$.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.
3A2.3B2.3A2.3B$.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.
3A2.3B2.3A$B.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B
.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.A$2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BA
B.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA$B.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.
BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.A$.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.
3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A$.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.
3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B$A.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.B
A.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.B$AB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.
2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2B$A.B.AB
.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.A
B.B.B$.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B
$.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A$B.B.
BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B
.BA.B.A$2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA
2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA$B.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B
.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.A$.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B
2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A$.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B
2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B$A.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.
AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.B$AB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB
.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2B$A.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.B
A.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.B$.3A2.3B
2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B$.3B2.3A2.3B
2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A$B.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA
.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.A$2B.
2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B
.2BAB.BA$B.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.A
B.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.A$.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A
2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A$.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A
2.3B2.3A2.3B$A.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB
.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.B$AB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.B
A2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2B$A.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.
B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.B$.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A
2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B$.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A
2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A$B.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B
.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.A$2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BA
B.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA$B.B.
BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B
.BA.B.A$.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.
3A$.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B$A.
B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA
.B.AB.B.B$AB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.
2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2B$A.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB
.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.B$.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.
3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B$.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.
3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A$B.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.
B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.A$2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA
2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA$B.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B
.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.A$.3B2.
3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A$.3A2.3B2.
3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B$A.B.AB.B.BA.B.
AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.B$AB
.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BA
B.BA2B.2B$A.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.
BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.B$.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B
2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B$.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B
2.3A2.3B2.3A$B.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA
.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.A$2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.
2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA$B.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB
.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.A$.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B
2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A$.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B
2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B$A.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B
.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.B$AB.BA2B.2BAB.BA
2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2B$A.B
.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.
B.AB.B.B$.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A
2.3B$.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A$
B.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.
AB.B.BA.B.A$2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB
.BA2B.2BAB.BA2B.2BAB.BA$B.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.B
A.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.AB.B.BA.B.A$.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.
3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A2.3B2.3A!

User avatar
Entity Valkyrie
Posts: 247
Joined: November 30th, 2017, 3:30 am

Re: Thread For Your Accidental Discoveries

Post by Entity Valkyrie » September 14th, 2018, 3:12 am

This is a Spartan stable glider reflector with a ridiculously long repeat time of 1134 ticks. Is this known? (10 barrels)

Code: Select all

x = 533, y = 396, rule = B3/S23
532bo$530b2o$531b2o194$168bo$166b3o$165bo$157b2o6b2o$157bobo$158bo3$
170b2o$162b2o6b2o$162b2o2$153b2o$153b2o2$168b2o$168bobo$170bo$170b2o
64$145bo9bo$145b3o5b3o$131bo16bo3bo$131b3o13b2o3b2o$134bo106b2o$133b2o
53bo52b2o$186b3o15bo42bobo$185bo18b3o40b2o$172b2o11b2o20bo40bo$172b2o
32b2o$215b2o$130b2o82bobo$130b2o83bo3$203b2o$203b2o29b2o$234b2o$161b2o
$141bo6b2o11bobo$139b3o6b2o13bo$138bo24b2o$138b2o$77bo$77b3o167b2o$80b
o91b2o73b2o$79b2o23b2o43bo23bo69b2o$104b2o3b2o36b3o20b3o70bobo$109b2o
35bo23bo74bo$146b2o97b2o$232b2o$110b2o120b2o$104b2o4bo$104b2o5b3o$113b
o116b2o$230b2o$68bo23b2o18bo$67bobo22bo17b3o$68bo14b2o8b3o13bo$83bo11b
o13b2o$84b3o$86bo2$70b2o$69bobo$69bo16b2o$68b2o17bo$84b3o$84bo2$77b2o$
77b2o17$55b2o$56bo$56bobo$57b2o2b2o$61b2o4$56b2o4b2o$56b2o4b2o9$50b2o$
51bo$51bobo$52b2o4$23b2o$23bo15bo$21bobo15b3o6b2o$21b2o19bo6bo$41b2o6b
obo$50b2o2$2o$2o61b2o$63bobo$38b2o25bo$38b2o25b2o6$45b2o$46bo$43b3o6bo
$43bo7bobo$12b2o38bo$12bo$13b3o$15bo!
EDIT: This is an example of the same reflector overclocked to 240 ticks:
EDIT: It is one-barreled.

Code: Select all

x = 390, y = 269, rule = B3/S23
350bob2ob2o$350b2obobobo$356bo5$345b2o5b2o$345b2o5b2o2$349b2o$349b2o4$
372b2o$355b4obo11b2o$354bo4b2o$353b2obo3bo8b2o5b2o$355bob3o9b2o5b2o5$
376b2o$376b2o3$385b2o$384bobo$382bo2bo2$376bobobo2b2o$376b2ob2obo2$
381b2o$367bobo11bo4b2o$367b2o12bo4bobo$368bo19bo$373b2o13b2o$374bo$
371b3o7bo$371bo8b2o26$168bo$166b3o$165bo$157b2o6b2o$157bobo$158bo2$
163b2o$163b2o5b2o$170b2o3$153b2o$153b2o2$168b2o$168bobo$170bo$170b2o2$
183b2o$183bo$181bobo$181b2o4$148b2o$147bobo157bobo$149bo157b2o$308bo8$
137b3o$139bo$138bo6$192bo$190bobo$191b2o28$177b2o$177bo$175bobo$175b2o
3$145bo9bo$145b3o5b3o$131bo16bo3bo$131b3o13b2o3b2o$134bo106b2o$88b2o
43b2o53bo52b2o$87bobo96b3o15bo42bobo$89bo95bo18b3o40b2o$112b3o57b2o11b
2o20bo40bo$114bo13b3o41b2o32b2o$113bo14b4o83b2o$122bo7b2o82bobo$121bo
93bo$120b2o6b2o74b3o$121b2o4b3ob3o70bo2bo$59b2o61bo4b2o4bo66bo6b2o$60b
o65bo4bobo65b3o2bob2o26b2o$60bobo135b2ob3o2b2o26b2o$61b2o98b2o36bob5o$
113b2o26bo6b2o11bobo36b5o$113bobo23b3o6b2o13bo37b3o$115bo22bo24b2o$
115b2o21b2o$77bo$77b3o167b2o$80bo91b2o73b2o$79b2o23b2o43bo23bo69b2o$
104b2o3b2o36b3o20b3o70bobo$109b2o35bo23bo74bo$146b2o97b2o$232b2o$110b
2o120b2o$104b2o4bo$104b2o5b3o90b2o$113bo90bobo23b2o$79bo126bo23b2o$68b
o11bo11b2o18bo93b2o$67bobo7bo2bo11bo17b3o$68bo14b2o8b3o13bo$83bo11bo
13b2o$77b2o5b3o$86bo2$70b2o$69bobo$69bo7b2o7b2o$68b2o4b2ob2o8bo$79bo4b
3o$74bo3bo5bo2$60bo16b2o$60b3o$63bo$62b2o2$57bo$57b3o$60bo$59b2o7$28b
2o$27bobo$29bo$55b2o$56bo$56bobo$57b2o2b2o$61b2o4$56b2o4b2o7b2o$56b2o
4b2o8b2o$71bo8$50b2o$51bo$51bobo$52b2o4$23b2o$23bo15bo$21bobo15b3o6b2o
$21b2o19bo6bo$41b2o6bobo$50b2o2$2o$2o54b2o5b2o$63bobo$38b2o16bo8bo$38b
2o13b3o9b2o$53b2o4bo$53b2o5bo$58b3o2$61b2o$45b2o14bo$46bo15b3o$43b3o6b
o11bo$43bo7bobo$12b2o38bo$3b2o7bo19b2o$2bobo8b3o16bo$2bo12bo17b3o$b2o
32bo!

Sokwe
Moderator
Posts: 1674
Joined: July 9th, 2009, 2:44 pm

Re: Thread For Your Accidental Discoveries

Post by Sokwe » September 14th, 2018, 4:28 am

Entity Valkyrie wrote:This is a Spartan stable glider reflector with a ridiculously long repeat time of 1134 ticks. Is this known?
Yes and no (but mostly yes). While this exact reflector has probably never been constructed before, it is one among thousands that can easily be constructed from known components. A new reflector is typically considered interesting if it uses a new reaction or if it sets some record (for example, smallest bounding box or lowest population).
-Matthias Merzenich

User avatar
Hdjensofjfnen
Posts: 1586
Joined: March 15th, 2016, 6:41 pm
Location: r cis θ

Re: Thread For Your Accidental Discoveries

Post by Hdjensofjfnen » September 15th, 2018, 12:05 am

Completely by accident! And possibly my first notable discovery in B3/S23.

Code: Select all

x = 17, y = 14, rule = B3/S23
7b2o$2o5b2o$bo$bobo$2b2o6bo$9b2o$8bo$9b2o$10bo2$14b2o$6b2o5bo2bo$6b2o
5bobo$14bo!
EDIT: Which reduces to

Code: Select all

x = 13, y = 10, rule = B3/S23
10bo$9b3o$8b2o2bo$8bo3bo3$2o$bo$bobo$2b2o!

Code: Select all

x = 5, y = 9, rule = B3-jqr/S01c2-in3
3bo$4bo$o2bo$2o2$2o$o2bo$4bo$3bo!

Code: Select all

x = 7, y = 5, rule = B3/S2-i3-y4i
4b3o$6bo$o3b3o$2o$bo!

User avatar
Entity Valkyrie
Posts: 247
Joined: November 30th, 2017, 3:30 am

Re: Thread For Your Accidental Discoveries

Post by Entity Valkyrie » September 15th, 2018, 3:00 am

Known?

Code: Select all

x = 11, y = 11, rule = B3/S234k:P0,11
2ob2obo2bo$2obo6bo$4b2o4bo$4o2b5o$o2b2o2$o2b2o$4o2b5o$4b2o4bo$2obo6bo$
2ob2obo2bo!

mniemiec
Posts: 1179
Joined: June 1st, 2013, 12:00 am

Re: Thread For Your Accidental Discoveries

Post by mniemiec » September 15th, 2018, 3:34 am

Entity Valkyrie wrote:Known? ...
Yes. The right end behaves like *WSS while the left end behaves like *WSS emulators. Combining two copies of the right end gives various stable emulators. Unfortunately, if one or both ends using an expanding end like on the right, there's no easy way to grow stabilizers above and below quickly enough, unless you use inductive borders (or a torus) like you have done here.

User avatar
Entity Valkyrie
Posts: 247
Joined: November 30th, 2017, 3:30 am

Re: Thread For Your Accidental Discoveries

Post by Entity Valkyrie » September 17th, 2018, 4:42 am

This must be known.

Code: Select all

x = 8, y = 6, rule = B3/S23
2o3bo$2ob2o$4b2o2$7bo$5b2o!
Glider + Banana spark moves block

Gen 2 shows the glider shifted.

Gamedziner
Posts: 795
Joined: May 30th, 2016, 8:47 pm
Location: Milky Way Galaxy: Planet Earth

Re: Thread For Your Accidental Discoveries

Post by Gamedziner » September 17th, 2018, 6:27 am

Entity Valkyrie wrote:This must be known.

Code: Select all

x = 8, y = 6, rule = B3/S23
2o3bo$2ob2o$4b2o2$7bo$5b2o!
Glider + Banana spark moves block

Gen 2 shows the glider shifted.
It's a simple glider-block interaction that causes the block to shift, as shown in gen 3.
Interesting glider shift reaction, though!

Code: Select all

x = 81, y = 96, rule = LifeHistory
58.2A$58.2A3$59.2A17.2A$59.2A17.2A3$79.2A$79.2A2$57.A$56.A$56.3A4$27.
A$27.A.A$27.2A21$3.2A$3.2A2.2A$7.2A18$7.2A$7.2A2.2A$11.2A11$2A$2A2.2A
$4.2A18$4.2A$4.2A2.2A$8.2A!

User avatar
Entity Valkyrie
Posts: 247
Joined: November 30th, 2017, 3:30 am

Re: Thread For Your Accidental Discoveries

Post by Entity Valkyrie » September 17th, 2018, 9:36 pm

Gamedziner wrote:
Entity Valkyrie wrote:This must be known.

Code: Select all

x = 8, y = 6, rule = B3/S23
2o3bo$2ob2o$4b2o2$7bo$5b2o!
Glider + Banana spark moves block

Gen 2 shows the glider shifted.
It's a simple glider-block interaction that causes the block to shift, as shown in gen 3.
Interesting glider shift reaction, though!
The glider would have reacted with the block before the bottom phase:

Code: Select all

x = 7, y = 14, rule = B3/S23
b2o$b2o3bo$4b2o$5b2o7$b2o$b2o2bo$4bo$4b3o!
Block pulls in different directions:

Code: Select all

x = 6, y = 16, rule = LifeHistory
2.2D$2A2D$2A3.A$3.2A$4.2A7$2A$2A2.A$3.A$3.2CA$3.2D!
Rapid (dependent) block pull:

Code: Select all

x = 125, y = 122, rule = B3/S23
2o$o4bo$3b2o$4b2o3$12bo$4b2o4b2o$5b2o4b2o$4bo2$19bo$17b2o$18b2o$9b2o$
10b2o$9bo16bo$24b2o$25b2o3$14b2o17bo$15b2o14b2o$14bo17b2o3$40bo$38b2o$
19b2o18b2o$20b2o$19bo$47bo$45b2o$46b2o2$24b2o$25b2o27bo$24bo27b2o$53b
2o3$61bo$29b2o28b2o$30b2o28b2o$29bo2$68bo$66b2o$67b2o$34b2o$35b2o$34bo
40bo$73b2o$74b2o3$39b2o41bo$40b2o38b2o$39bo41b2o3$89bo$87b2o$44b2o42b
2o$45b2o$44bo$96bo$94b2o$95b2o2$49b2o$50b2o51bo$49bo51b2o$102b2o3$110b
o$54b2o52b2o$55b2o52b2o$54bo2$117bo$115b2o$116b2o$59b2o$60b2o$59bo64bo
$122b2o$123b2o3$64b2o$65b2o$64bo5$69b2o$70b2o$69bo5$74b2o$75b2o$74bo5$
79b2o$80b2o$79bo5$84b2o$85b2o$84bo!

mniemiec
Posts: 1179
Joined: June 1st, 2013, 12:00 am

Re: Thread For Your Accidental Discoveries

Post by mniemiec » September 17th, 2018, 11:46 pm

Entity Valkyrie wrote:Rapid (dependent) block pull: ...
This is actually an illusion, because the initial block is not required; the glider streams create short-lived blocks anyway, and the result is identical, whether a seed block is provided or not.

Gamedziner
Posts: 795
Joined: May 30th, 2016, 8:47 pm
Location: Milky Way Galaxy: Planet Earth

Re: Thread For Your Accidental Discoveries

Post by Gamedziner » September 18th, 2018, 6:13 am

Entity Valkyrie wrote:Block pulls in different directions:

Code: Select all

x = 6, y = 16, rule = LifeHistory
2.2D$2A2D$2A3.A$3.2A$4.2A7$2A$2A2.A$3.A$3.2CA$3.2D!
My bad. Could this be used for memory storage?

Code: Select all

x = 81, y = 96, rule = LifeHistory
58.2A$58.2A3$59.2A17.2A$59.2A17.2A3$79.2A$79.2A2$57.A$56.A$56.3A4$27.
A$27.A.A$27.2A21$3.2A$3.2A2.2A$7.2A18$7.2A$7.2A2.2A$11.2A11$2A$2A2.2A
$4.2A18$4.2A$4.2A2.2A$8.2A!

User avatar
gameoflifemaniac
Posts: 1196
Joined: January 22nd, 2017, 11:17 am
Location: There too

Re: Thread For Your Accidental Discoveries

Post by gameoflifemaniac » September 18th, 2018, 11:21 am

Gamedziner wrote:
Entity Valkyrie wrote:Block pulls in different directions:

Code: Select all

x = 6, y = 16, rule = LifeHistory
2.2D$2A2D$2A3.A$3.2A$4.2A7$2A$2A2.A$3.A$3.2CA$3.2D!
My bad. Could this be used for memory storage?
No. The second reaction is trivial because the glider if it would collide with the block from a larger distance, the reaction would look the same as the first one.
I was so socially awkward in the past and it will haunt me for the rest of my life.

Code: Select all

x = 21, y = 5, rule = B3/S23
b2o2bo2b2o2b2o2bobobo$o3bobobobobobobobobo$bo2bobob2o2b2o3bo2bo$2bobob
obobobobo2bo$2o3bo2bobobobo2bo2bo!

User avatar
Entity Valkyrie
Posts: 247
Joined: November 30th, 2017, 3:30 am

Re: Thread For Your Accidental Discoveries

Post by Entity Valkyrie » September 20th, 2018, 6:10 am

Temporary MWSS and permanent mold:

Code: Select all

x = 16, y = 16, rule = B3/S23
o5bob3o2bobo$o2bo2b5o$4ob2o3b2o2b2o$obobob2obo4b2o$5bo2bo3b4o$2o4b5o3b
o$b4o2b2obobob2o$2o3bob2o2b2ob2o$3ob2o2bob2o$bobobob7obo$ob3o6b4o$8b3o
2bo$obo2b2o2bob2o$4bo2b3obob3o$3bob2obo3b2o$b3ob2o4b4o!
Add a block:

Code: Select all

x = 16, y = 47, rule = B3/S23
8b2o$8b2o30$o5bob3o2bobo$o2bo2b5o$4ob2o3b2o2b2o$obobob2obo4b2o$5bo2bo
3b4o$2o4b5o3bo$b4o2b2obobob2o$2o3bob2o2b2ob2o$3ob2o2bob2o$bobobob7obo$
ob3o6b4o$8b3o2bo$obo2b2o2bob2o$4bo2b3obob3o$3bob2obo3b2o$b3ob2o4b4o!

User avatar
Hdjensofjfnen
Posts: 1586
Joined: March 15th, 2016, 6:41 pm
Location: r cis θ

Re: Thread For Your Accidental Discoveries

Post by Hdjensofjfnen » September 20th, 2018, 7:32 pm

Reduces to

Code: Select all

x = 4, y = 8, rule = B3/S23
2bo$3bo$b3o3$2b2o$bobo$o!
EDIT: Hmm...

Code: Select all

x = 25, y = 9, rule = B3/S23
bo10bo10bo$2bo10bo10bo$3o8b3o8b3o3$b2o9b2o9b2o$obo8bobo8bobo$10bo10bo$
20bo!

Code: Select all

x = 5, y = 9, rule = B3-jqr/S01c2-in3
3bo$4bo$o2bo$2o2$2o$o2bo$4bo$3bo!

Code: Select all

x = 7, y = 5, rule = B3/S2-i3-y4i
4b3o$6bo$o3b3o$2o$bo!

User avatar
dvgrn
Moderator
Posts: 7155
Joined: May 17th, 2009, 11:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: Thread For Your Accidental Discoveries

Post by dvgrn » September 20th, 2018, 9:14 pm

Hdjensofjfnen wrote:Hmm...

Code: Select all

{preblock plus glider = pi-heptomino, MWSS, pi-heptomino}
The usual thing is to have the glider approach the preblock from the other side. Then you get pi-heptomino, MWSS, LWSS:

Code: Select all

x = 25, y = 10, rule = B3/S23
bo10bo10bo$2bo10bo10bo$3o8b3o8b3o3$b2o9b2o9b2o$2bo10bo10bo$bo10bo10bo$
11bo10bo$21bo!
This has been a very common way to make LWSSes and MWSSes for some decades now.

User avatar
Entity Valkyrie
Posts: 247
Joined: November 30th, 2017, 3:30 am

Re: Thread For Your Accidental Discoveries

Post by Entity Valkyrie » September 20th, 2018, 11:56 pm

Code: Select all

x = 28, y = 77, rule = B3/S23
7$16b3o$15bo3bo$3bo11bo3bo$4b2o10b3o$3b2o8bo$12b4o$10b5obo$9bo6b2o$8bo
3bob3o$9bobo2b2o6$3bo$4b2o$3b2o8bo$12b4o$10b5obo$9bo6b2o$8bo3bob3o$9bo
bo2b2o24$3bo$4b2o7bo$3b2o7b4o$10b5obo$9bo6b2o$8bo3bob3o$9bobo2b2o2$3bo
$4b2o$3b2o!
Accidental discovery:

When a H predeccesor reacts with a phi spark, the H is evolved in the wrong direction.

The block of the B can be used as a glider advancer.

Post Reply