Mystery (Game)

A forum where anything goes. Introduce yourselves to other members of the forums, discuss how your name evolves when written out in the Game of Life, or just tell us how you found it. This is the forum for "non-academic" content.
BokaBB

Mystery (Game)

Post by BokaBB » October 31st, 2020, 11:33 am

Mystery is a game of logical thinking. It includes making short stories in that the reader must logically find the solution that is very unclear at the beginning.
No new stories can be made if there exists an unsolved one. The player who guesses the right answer and explains what is the reason can make the next story.
Here is my one to begin:
In the museum a picture was stolen. Here are the possible people police thinks could have done that:
- Nigel,a young genius currently working in the IT sector.
He wears mostly black clothing,fingerless gloves and is known to be secretive,altrough not known to like art. Allows his wife to use his piston since he don't likes it.
- Rose,Nigel's wife. Known to enjoy playing with Nigel's piston,which may explain the sounds heard around the time when the picture was stolen. Thought to like art.
-Brian,a surgery doctor. He is going everywhere with his equipment. Known to like art. Not known to own weapons.
-Mike,an 84 year old man living directly next to the museum. His step - brother and father were known criminals,altrough he is not known to do these things. Known to love action films and watches them very loudly.
These were the only people that could to that.
Among other things, the safety that protected the picture was removed.
Cameras were destroyed and we can't know the indentity of the criminal just by videos.
Come here,geniuses!Let's discover the truth!
Have a good day!

BokaBB
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!

Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!

BokaBB

MathAndCode

Re: Mystery (Game)

Post by MathAndCode » October 31st, 2020, 2:34 pm

If the loud noises weren't from Rose using Nigel's pistol (or piston, although I think that that was a misspelling), then I'm guessing that they were from Mike's action films, which suggests that he was watching TV when the picture was stolen and therefore couldn't have been the one who stole it (unless he left the TV on in order to fool people, which is possible but seems unlikely). If Rose was the thief, that would imply that Mike was not (because the two do not appear to have known each other and are therefore unlikely to have been accomplices), so Mike can be eliminated as a suspect.
Nigel doesn't appear to have a motive because he doesn't like art, and the technology sector typically pays skilled workers well enough so that he wouldn't need to sell the painting. Therefore, I'm going to eliminate him as a suspect.
At this point, I'd want to collect more evidence, but I'm not sure whether or not that is allowed, so I'm going to proceed without it.
If Rose attempted to get past the safety protecting the picture by shooting it with a pistol (or smashing it with a hydraulic piston), it would likely have left fragments on the floor that would have been difficult to clean up. No such fragments (or bullets, bullet holes, spent cartridges, or any other evidence of gunshots) were mentioned, so I'm going to assume that none were found. (I'm interpreting the safety being removed as removed completely, which implies removed cleanly because it would have been very difficult to clean up all of the fragments if many were created.) Brian's surgical tools, which are presumably the equipment that he goes everywhere with, seem more capable (although still fairly dubious) of removing the safety cleanly, so I think that Brian was the thief.
I am tentatively considering myself back.

BokaBB

Post by BokaBB » October 31st, 2020, 2:37 pm

MathAndCode wrote:
October 31st, 2020, 2:34 pm
If the loud noises weren't from Rose using Nigel's pistol (or piston, although I think that that was a misspelling), then I'm guessing that they were from Mike's action films, which suggests that he was watching TV when the picture was stolen and therefore couldn't have been the one who stole it (unless he left the TV on in order to fool people, which is possible but seems unlikely). If Rose was the thief, that would imply that Mike was not (because the two do not appear to have known each other and are therefore unlikely to have been accomplices), so Mike can be eliminated as a suspect.
Nigel doesn't appear to have a motive because he doesn't like art, and the technology sector typically pays skilled workers well enough so that he wouldn't need to sell the painting. Therefore, I'm going to eliminate him as a suspect.
At this point, I'd want to collect more evidence, but I'm not sure whether or not that is allowed, so I'm going to proceed without it.
If Rose attempted to get past the safety protecting the picture by shooting it with a pistol (or smashing it with a hydraulic piston), it would likely have left fragments on the floor that would have been difficult to clean up. No such fragments (or bullets, bullet holes, spent cartridges, or any other evidence of gunshots) were mentioned, so I'm going to assume that none were found. (I'm interpreting the safety being removed as removed completely, which implies removed cleanly because it would have been very difficult to clean up all of the fragments if many were created.) Brian's surgical tools, which are presumably the equipment that he goes everywhere with, seem more capable (although still fairly dubious) of removing the safety cleanly, so I think that Brian was the thief.
True!
Your mystery?
Have a good day!

BokaBB
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!

Have a good day!

BokaBB

MathAndCode

Post by MathAndCode » October 31st, 2020, 2:41 pm

BokaBB wrote:
October 31st, 2020, 2:37 pm
True!
Your mystery?
It may take me a while to think of one.

BokaBB

Post by BokaBB » October 31st, 2020, 2:44 pm

MathAndCode wrote:
October 31st, 2020, 2:41 pm
BokaBB wrote:
October 31st, 2020, 2:37 pm
True!
Your mystery?
It may take me a while to think of one.
No problem.
Have our relations healed?
Have a good day!

BokaBB
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!

Have a good day!

BokaBB

MathAndCode

Post by MathAndCode » October 31st, 2020, 2:45 pm

BokaBB wrote:
October 31st, 2020, 2:44 pm
mostly

BokaBB

Post by BokaBB » November 2nd, 2020, 12:58 pm

MathAndCode wrote:
October 31st, 2020, 2:45 pm
BokaBB wrote:
October 31st, 2020, 2:44 pm
mostly
Are you able to create a new one?
You can let me to make it instead if you cannot.
Sorry for the small incident yesterday.
Have a good day!

BokaBB
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!

Have a good day!

BokaBB

MathAndCode

Post by MathAndCode » November 2nd, 2020, 1:15 pm

BokaBB wrote:
November 2nd, 2020, 12:58 pm
I'm still thinking of the non-criminals to mention. I can send you what I have so far if you want.

BokaBB

Post by BokaBB » November 2nd, 2020, 1:17 pm

MathAndCode wrote:
November 2nd, 2020, 1:15 pm
BokaBB wrote:
November 2nd, 2020, 12:58 pm
I'm still thinking of the non-criminals to mention. I can send you what I have so far if you want.
I made my one instantly. You can boost yourself with a drink if you want to speed the process up,altrough I didn't drank any drink when I made my one.
Havea good day!

BokaBB
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!

Have a good day!

BokaBB

MathAndCode

Post by MathAndCode » November 6th, 2020, 5:09 pm

Someone has stolen money and jewelry from a jewelry store in a mall during the night. No fingerprints were left, and tests on the traces of fabric and dirt that were left on the objects that the thief would have touched have not revealed the thief's identity.
  • Mary has a car believed to have been seen in the area of the mall during the night of the theft. She sometimes buys gardening supplies from a store at the other side of the mall. She is currently hosting her brother until he finds a job after getting out of prison.
  • Hank owns a hardware store in the same area of the mall as the jewelry store that was robbed. He was seen leaving the mall hours before the robbery, but he would have been able to get back in. His wife was in a car accident a few weeks ago and has not fully recovered yet.
  • Arthur is a janitor at the mall. He was seen by one of the

fluffykitty

Post by fluffykitty » November 6th, 2020, 5:27 pm

Truncated post?

Moosey

Post by Moosey » November 6th, 2020, 6:10 pm

I don't trust Arthur at all, he was doing something related to the ineffable ones:tm: (because he was seen by one)
not active here but active on discord

SquishyBoi
Location: the middle of australia, where we fry koala on the barbie

Post by SquishyBoi » November 16th, 2020, 7:26 pm

personally, i think it was the cheese sandwich that robbed the jewelry store. that's the reason why no fingerprints were found at the museum
i is squishyboi, a professional dumbass hiding in the sandbox

get some icecream here - viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4666
also painfully relevant - super loaf

MathAndCode

Post by MathAndCode » November 16th, 2020, 7:40 pm

SquishyBoi wrote:
November 16th, 2020, 7:26 pm
personally, i think it was the cheese sandwich that robbed the jewelry store. that's the reason why no fingerprints were found at the museum
It was Mary's brother. There was dirt on the surfaces that the thief would have touched because he wore Mary's gardening gloves in order to avoid leaving fingerprints.

the lifestroyer
Location: earth,the Solar System, Oort Cloud, Local Bubble, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group,Universe

Post by the lifestroyer » November 23rd, 2020, 12:30 am

MathAndCode wrote:
November 16th, 2020, 7:40 pm
It was Mary's brother. There was dirt on the surfaces that the thief would have touched because he wore Mary's gardening gloves in order to avoid leaving fingerprints.
Now You've Killed The Thread
//cause you yourself said the answer,may i continue should you say another puzzle?
"insert compliment here"
pls check my gameHere
A must for minecraft fans

MathAndCode

Post by MathAndCode » November 23rd, 2020, 6:06 pm

the lifestroyer wrote:
November 23rd, 2020, 12:30 am
Now You've Killed The Thread
//cause you yourself said the answer,may i continue should you say another puzzle?
I only said the answer because it seemed very unlikely that anyone else would get it (since the other users weren't even taking it seriously). You may post the next puzzle if you want to.

BokaBB

Post by BokaBB » November 24th, 2020, 6:20 pm

A church icon was stolen in the church in our town.
No fingertips or anything to give clues was found and no cameras spotted the thief. The theft happened during the day. One clock was found near the church,as well as some flowers, altrough they had no fingerprints on them.
Here are all the possible suspects:
-John is an artist. He likes icons and is religious. He isn't known to have done crimes, altrough he is known as a person with interests often changing.
-Peter is known to had the car near the church in the period when the icon was stolen. He is known to own some weapons. He is known as a seller of many kinds of things for maximum profit. Not known to be much religious.
-Jane,Peter's wife. She was seen around the time of the theft. She doesn't know to drive,but likes flowers and clocks. Was not seen to have entered the church while the theft occured.
- Sam,a clock saler and fixer. Known to be religious to a degree. Has not been seen to leave his workplace during the theft,altrough he didn't had much visits that day.
-Nick,a known criminal who spent 5 years in prison in two sittings. Usually makes thefts during the day. People say he is wanting to change. Has an expensive clock.
These were all possible suspects.
Have a good day!

BokaBB
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!

Have a good day!

BokaBB

the lifestroyer
Location: earth,the Solar System, Oort Cloud, Local Bubble, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group,Universe

Post by the lifestroyer » November 25th, 2020, 10:56 am

its either peter and jane working together or one of them because the car and jane likes clocks
"insert compliment here"
pls check my gameHere
A must for minecraft fans

BokaBB

Post by BokaBB » November 25th, 2020, 10:57 am

the lifestroyer wrote:
November 25th, 2020, 10:56 am
its either peter and jane working together or one of them because the car and jane likes clocks
Please say more details and make a bigger report. Only one person was responsive.
Have a good day!

BokaBB
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!

Have a good day!

BokaBB

Moosey

Post by Moosey » November 25th, 2020, 8:57 pm

*in best impression of heavpoot* it was [REDACTED] because [REDACTED].
not active here but active on discord

MathAndCode

Post by MathAndCode » November 26th, 2020, 5:43 pm

Would the theft have required any tools or other devices? Also, please describe the clock that was left behind.

BokaBB

Post by BokaBB » November 27th, 2020, 8:21 am

MathAndCode wrote:
November 26th, 2020, 5:43 pm
Would the theft have required any tools or other devices? Also, please describe the clock that was left behind.
No,the icon was not covered with anything since adherents kiss them.
The clock was an expensive Rolex,with the estimated price around 650 dollars. It was found near the church. It didn't had any fingerprints on it. Near it some flowers were also found nearby,again with no fingerprints.
No security cameras saw anything.
Have a good day!

BokaBB
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!

Have a good day!

BokaBB

MathAndCode

Post by MathAndCode » November 27th, 2020, 2:52 pm

BokaBB wrote:
November 27th, 2020, 8:21 am
The clock was an expensive Rolex,with the estimated price around 650 dollars. It was found near the church. It didn't had any fingerprints on it. Near it some flowers were also found nearby,again with no fingerprints.
I suspect Nick because the crime occurred during the day, the clock was expensive, and Nick has committed crimes in the past, which means that he would know to be careful about not leaving fingerprints.

BokaBB

Post by BokaBB » November 27th, 2020, 2:56 pm

MathAndCode wrote:
November 27th, 2020, 2:52 pm
BokaBB wrote:
November 27th, 2020, 8:21 am
I suspect Nick because the crime occurred during the day, the clock was expensive, and Nick has committed crimes in the past, which means that he would know to be careful about not leaving fingerprints.
But he has no known connection with the flowers,that complicates the case. The only suspect known of liking them is Jane.
I made an agreement with MathAndCode where I make the next Mystery if he guesses rightly.
Have a good day!

BokaBB
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!

Have a good day!

BokaBB

MathAndCode

Post by MathAndCode » November 27th, 2020, 3:06 pm

BokaBB wrote:
November 27th, 2020, 2:56 pm
But he has no known connection with the flowers,that complicates the case. The only suspect known of liking them is Jane.
Yes, but no suspect makes everything fit, as Jane has no motive for stealing the church icon, so something must be a red herring.