Live Free or Die

For discussion of other cellular automata.
Sarah

Re: Live Free or Die

Post by Sarah » September 30th, 2021, 4:55 pm

a thing

Code: Select all

x = 6, y = 9, rule = B2/S0
3b2o$5bo$2bo$bo$3bo$2o2bo$b3obo$b4o$2bo!
edit: more thing

x = 7, y = 9, rule = B2/S0
bo$obo$bobo$2bobo$6bo$6bo$3bobo$2bobo$3bo!
edit 2: bomp

x = 9, y = 10, rule = B2/S0
o7bo$bo5bo$bo5bo$o7bo5$b2o$o2bo!
Last edited by Sarah on April 10th, 2023, 12:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
WARNING: This user may have mental health issues. Do not interact with them unless you are either nonexistent or a human being.
[THIS WARNING POSTED BY [CENSORED]]

lukebradford

Re: Live Free or Die

Post by lukebradford » January 9th, 2022, 10:41 am

Hi all,

I'm the mysterious Luke Bradford who hasn't visited this thread since 2016, the creator of the original Live Free or Die Universe website and later Live Free or Die wiki on Wikispaces. I first became interested in Live Free or Die in 2006, when I was 16, and it developed into an on-again, off-again obsession that probably peaked around when I created the wiki in 2013.

Unfortunately, Wikispaces shut down in 2019 without me even realizing it. Had I known it was going away, I would have made some effort to archive it. The most recent files related to Live Free or Die that I still have are from 2013. I sadly don't have any local record of the wiki. The best record of interesting patterns discovered from 2013 to the present is probably this thread itself.

Cellular automata are no longer a hobby of mine, and I don't plan to actively participate in this forum. That being said, I'm more than happy to help try to provide historical context and whatever patterns and records I still have for people who are interested. Please feel free to reach out to lukebradford01@gmail.com since I'm unlikely to check the forums here.

With gratitude,

Luke