Imaginary cellular automaton

For discussion of other cellular automata.
Alexander Yu

Imaginary cellular automaton

Post by Alexander Yu » October 17th, 2021, 2:46 am

The idea is this:
each cell has a real number as a value. default is zero.
Each generation:
If a cell's value is greater than zero, it will add the values of all of it's neighbors together and subtract that from it's value.
If a cell's value is zero or lower, it will add the values of all of it's neighbors together and add that to it's value. (might cause the world to be explosive, I'm trying to find a way to solve it)
can somebody make a program for this to see if it is lifelike or not?
hi.

silversmith

Re: Imaginary cellular automaton

Post by silversmith » October 18th, 2021, 8:27 am

Alexander Yu wrote:
October 17th, 2021, 2:46 am
If a cell's value is greater than zero, it will add the values of all of it's neighbors together and subtract that from it's value.
If a cell's value is zero or lower, it will add the values of all of it's neighbors together and add that to it's value. (might cause the world to be explosive, I'm trying to find a way to solve it)
can somebody make a program for this to see if it is lifelike or not?
For a pattern of non-zero cells in an infinite grid of zero valued cells, it will explode similar to a B1c rule. The reason is that all zero valued cells which border the pattern will have a non zero value in the next generation, always making the pattern 1 cell larger in every direction.
A simulator with the tools I couldn’t find elsewhere: https://www.silversimulations.com/caplayer/
Documentation:https://github.com/teraxtech/caplayer

fluffykitty

Re: Imaginary cellular automaton

Post by fluffykitty » October 19th, 2021, 11:18 pm

It seems to me that this cellular automaton could be implemented with integers, and if you make the assumption that the integers never get too large, it should be possible to create a ruletable.