- Real name: Chris Rowett
- My location: United Kingdom
Contributions to Golly:
- MAP rules now support base64 padding.
- The paste command now supports multiple locations for batch draw.
- Added a new command lines which can draw multiple unconnected lines.
- Added a new ovtable script command which provides a high performance table API for a subset of the overlay commands:
- fill, get, line, lines, paste, rgba and set.
- Added radio buttons to the oplus package.
- Menu buttons now support custom colors and shadows.
- Added timing function to the gplus package.
- Bounded grids
- Fixed a bug where patterns larger than bounded grids were not correctly clipped.
- credits.lua - animated credits that can be launched from Help > Credits page.
- 3D.lua - improved generating and rendering speed, added depth shading and canonical rule format.
- Added support for MAP rules to QuickLife, HashLife and Generations.
- Added B0 emulation to isotropic non-totalistic rules.
- Generations algorithm now supports Hex, Von Neumann and non-totalistic Moore neighborhoods.
- QuickLife, HashLife and Generations now support much longer rule names.
- Improved Larger than Life performance.
- Drawing cell borders when zoomed in >2x is now controlled by a View Preference: "Zoomed cells have borders".
- Significantly improved pattern rendering speed when zoomed in.
- Added support for OpenGL 1.x
- Many improvements to the Overlay including the ability to play audio files.
- Script Commands
- Added getinfo command to get the comments from the current pattern.
- Added getpath command to get the pathname of the current pattern.
- The getevent command can now detect the release of a key.
- lifeviewer.lua - a Lua version of LifeViewer which runs in Golly using the Overlay (work in progress).
- Co-wrote overlay-demo.lua which demonstrates most of the Overlay functions.
- breakout.lua - a working game as a more sophisticated example of the Overlay functions.
- browse-patterns.lua - allows you to browse through patterns in a folder (and optionally any sub-folders) manually or automatically.