- For the class of patterns sometimes called ships see Spaceship
Ship is a 6-bit still life. It was discovered by the JHC group in 1970. It is the smallest pattern that is a still life under the standard Life rules but not in HighLife.
Adding one cell to the corner of the ship will turn it into a fleet.
Ship can act as an eater, eating one half of a traffic light.
The ship is the seventh most common still life in Achim Flammenkamp's census, being less common than pond and more common than long boat. It is also the seventh most common object on Adam P. Goucher's Catagolue.
- ↑ Dean Hickerson's oscillator stamp collection. Retrieved on June 18, 2009.
- ↑ Achim Flammenkamp (September 7, 2004). "Most seen natural occurring ash objects in Game of Life". Retrieved on April 14, 2009.
- ↑ Adam P. Goucher. "Statistics". Catagolue. Retrieved on June 24, 2016.
- Ship at Eric Weisstein's Treasure Trove of Life
- Ship at the Life Lexicon