|Alma mater||Brigham Young University|
- December 2002, Karel's p15 can be made to thin a glider stream to one third its previous frequency.
- April 2003, two-beehive glider-to-Herschel guns. Many of these retain the record for the smallest bounding box for their respective periods. This includes the period 413 glider gun.
- May 2007, 17-column heavyweight volcano that reduces the bounding box for many glider guns.
- June 2008, scot's p5 that is a small period 5 oscillator.
- April 2010, p4 HW emulator hybrid that reduces the bounding box for Period-36 glider gun.
- July 2011, swine that has the highest volatility of any known period 5 oscillator.
Patterns found by Scot Ellison