Did you know...
- ... that all still lifes up to 15 cells can be synthesized at a cost of less than one glider per cell?
- ...that absolutely no elementary knightships have been discovered as of 2016, though there has been at least one very close call?
- ... that there is a 6x2 counterexample to the Coolout Conjecture, proving that patterns that are internally compatible with stability can not always be made part of a larger still life, no matter what cells are added around the edges?
- ... that a Conway's Life pattern representing a complete programmable 8-bit computer, consisting only of buckaroos, p60 glider guns, and glider duplicators, was completed in November 2016?
- ...that whilst no very small knightships have been found at all in B3/S23, at least two naturally occurring reactions have been discovered in B38/S23 that travel in an oblique direction?
- ...that not all 1.00 volatility oscillators are phoenixes?
- ... that no pattern inside a 6x6 bounding box is a Garden of Eden?
- ... that Garden of Eden patterns with only 45 ON cells have been found?
- ... that it is known that no Garden of Eden patterns exist that are 1, 2, or 3 cells high, but that it is currently an open question whether a 4-cell-high GoE can be constructed?
- ... that 6-cell-high Garden of Eden patterns were constructed as far back as 1973, but 5-cell-high GoEs were unknown until Steven Eker found some in 2016?