Long boat is a longer version of a boat that was discovered by the JHC group in 1970..
The long boat is the eighth most common still life in Achim Flammenkamp's census, being less common than ship but more common than ship-tie.. It is also the tenth most common object on Adam P. Goucher's Catagolue.
Long boat can be constructed using only 3 gliders; its first glider synthesis was found by John Abbott.
- ↑ Dean Hickerson's oscillator stamp collection. Retrieved on June 18, 2009.
- ↑ Achim Flammenkamp (September 7, 2004). "Most seen natural occurring ash objects in Game of Life". Retrieved on January 15, 2009.
- ↑ Adam P. Goucher. "Statistics". Catagolue. Retrieved on June 24, 2016.
- ↑ "Life Credits". Mark D. Niemiec. Retrieved on June 12, 2011.
- Long boat at Eric Weisstein's Treasure Trove of Life