- For other uses of 'S', see S (disambiguation).
Big S (or large S or S-spiral or simply S) is a simple 14-cell still life discovered by the MIT group in 1971.
Big S is the twenty-second most common still life in Achim Flammenkamp's census, being less common than snake but more common than bi-pond. It is also the twenty-nineth most common object on Adam P. Goucher's Catagolue.
- ↑ "Large S". The Life Lexicon. Stephen Silver. Retrieved on May 2, 2009.
- ↑ "S-spiral". The Life Lexicon. Stephen Silver. Retrieved on May 22, 2009.
- ↑ "S". The Life Lexicon. Stephen Silver. Retrieved on May 2, 2009.
- ↑ Dean Hickerson's oscillator stamp collection. Retrieved on June 18, 2009.
- ↑ Achim Flammenkamp (September 7, 2004). "Most seen natural occurring ash objects in Game of Life". Retrieved on March 30, 2010.
- ↑ Adam P. Goucher. "Statistics". Catagolue. Retrieved on June 24, 2016.
- Big S at Eric Weisstein's Treasure Trove of Life
- Big S at the Life Lexicon