44P12.3 is an unnamed period 12 oscillator, discovered by Nicolay Beluchenko.
On January 12, 2019, Tanner Jacobi used it along with dueling banjos, a heavyweight emulator variant, and Pipsquirter 1 to build a period 24 glider gun which was then optimized by Matthias Merzenich the next day to be smaller than the previous record holder.
- ↑ Matthias Merzenich. Re: Soup search results (discussion thread) at the ConwayLife.com forums
- ↑ Jason Summers' pattern collections.
- ↑ Tanner Jacobi. Re: Oscillator Discussion Thread (discussion thread) at the ConwayLife.com forums
- ↑ Matthias Merzenich. Re: Execution of Old Guns by Variable-Speed Firing Squad (discussion thread) at the ConwayLife.com forums
- 44P12.3 at Heinrich Koenig's Game of Life Object Catalogs