- For the period 36 oscillator, see 22P36.
36P22 is an unnamed period 22 oscillator discovered by Jason Summers on August 27, 2000. It is composed of an unnamed reaction stabilized by two copies of eater 1. In terms of its 36 cells, it is the smallest known period 22 oscillator, followed by beacon on 38P11.1 and champagne glass with 40 and 45 cells, respectively. Later on the day of the oscillator's discovery, David Eppstein found a way to combine two of them to produce the first true period 22 gun. In February 2001 Jason Summers found a 12-glider synthesis of this oscillator.
- ↑ Jason Summers' all-osc pattern collection.
- ↑ "Class 2 Objects Catalog". Retrieved on April 9, 2009.
- ↑ "true". The Life Lexicon. Stephen Silver. Retrieved on July 7, 2009.
- ↑ Jason Summers' jslife pattern collection.