Difference between revisions of "Pseudo-barberpole"
m (Removed Life 1.05 and 1.06)
|Line 83:||Line 83:|
Latest revision as of 00:23, 8 June 2019
|View animated image|
|View static image|
|Oscillator type||Muttering moat|
|Number of cells||15|
|Discovered by||Achim Flammenkamp|
|Year of discovery||1994|
The pseudo-barberpole (or Achim's p5) is a period 5 oscillator that was found by Achim Flammenkamp on August 22, 1994. With a minimum population of 15 cells, it is the smallest known period 5 oscillator, followed by octagon 2 with 16 cells. On October 23, 2002 Gabriel Nivasch found a period 5 oscillator that consists of four radially symmetrically arranged halves of the pseudo-barberpole.
Goldtiger997 found a 16-glider synthesis based on a sample soup from Adam P. Goucher's Catagolue on April 22, 2017. Martin Grant found an unrelated 13-glider synthesis that can also act as a component on June 20, 2018.
- "Achim's p5". The Life Lexicon. Stephen Silver. Retrieved on December 3, 2018.
- Dean Hickerson's oscillator stamp collection.
- Mark Niemiec (1998). "Life Period-5 Oscillators". Retrieved on February 15, 2009.
- "Class 2 Objects Catalog". Retrieved on March 14, 2009.
- Jason Summers' all-osc pattern collection.
- Goldtiger997 (2017-04-22). "Re: Soup search results". ConwayLife.com forums. Retrieved on 2017-04-23.
- "Synthesising Oscillators". Retrieved on October 24, 2018.
- 15P5.1 at Heinrich Koenig's Game of Life Object Catalogs