Did you know...
- ...that all strict still lifes up to and including 13 cells, and all but one with 14 cells, have been found via soup searching using apgsearch?
- ...that c/2 orthogonal and c/4 diagonal are the only speeds of spaceships seen to emerge from asymmetric soups on Catagolue?
- ...that all currently known standard Herschel conduits produce the same Herschel great-grandfather pattern, except for Fx158?
- ...that eater 1 is the smallest asymmetric still life?
- ...that in Life, no spaceship can exist with a speed of (m,n)c/x where (m+n)/x > 0.5?
- ... that an N-bit strict still life – specifically, some length of long long (...) boat or barge – can be constructed for any odd integer N using no more than 39 gliders, and for any even integer N using no more than 38 gliders, using a temporary tubstretcher?
- ... that an N-bit period-2 oscillator can be constructed for any odd integer N using no more than 45 gliders, and for any even integer N using no more than 46 gliders, using a temporary tubstretcher?
- ...that it is currently an open question as to if there exists a periodic pattern whose only predecessors are its own evolutionary sequence?
- ...that it can be proved reflectorless rotating oscillators exist in Life, although none have yet been found or constructed?
- ...that there are currently known elementary spaceships with speeds c/7 and c/10 orthogonal, but none with c/8 or c/9?