Did you know...
- ... that the blinker is the only known oscillator that is one cell thick?
- ... that the first spaceship found in Conway's Game of Life that travels in an oblique direction was discovered in 2010?
- ... that there are still lifes that can be split into four stable islands, but not two or three?
- ... that no new spaceship speeds were discovered after 1970 until 1989?
- ... that the first stable reflector was found in October 1996, and the first fast stable reflector appeared in 2013, allowing the construction of oscillators of all periods ≥43 ticks?
- ... that twenty-four spaceship velocities have been constructed, including five infinitely adjustable families of ships?
- ... that there are 71 distinct ways for two gliders to collide, but it is unknown how many distinct 3-glider collisions there are?
- ... that to display the smallest known gun pattern for a Gemini spaceship at 1 cell = 1 pixel, on a standard-density video monitor, a screen over one mile square would be needed?
- ... that no odd-period glider guns were known before 1995, when a period 565 p5-spark-assisted B-heptomino loop was constructed by David Buckingham?
- ... that even though the speed limit for spaceships is c/2 in a vacuum, in a medium of stripes agar there are "spaceships" that can travel at lightspeed along the stripes, or two thirds of lightspeed perpendicular to the stripes?