Acorn is a methuselah found by Charles Corderman. It was discovered no later than 1971, though its exact year of discovery is unknown. Its maximum population, 1057, occurs in generation 4408.
The stable pattern that results from the acorn has 633 cells and consists of 41 blinkers (including four traffic lights), 34 blocks, 30 beehives (including one honey farm), 13 gliders, eight boats, five loaves, three ships, two barges, two ponds and a mango.
- ↑ Lifeline Volume 2, p. 6
- ↑ Lifeline Volume 3, p. 12
- ↑ Koenig, H. (February 21, 2005). "New Methuselah Records". Retrieved on January 24, 2009.
- Acorn at Eric Weisstein's Treasure Trove of Life
- Acorn at the Life Lexicon