Known issues

Has something gone haywire? Let us know about it!
Nathaniel
Site Admin

Known issues

Post by Nathaniel » January 17th, 2009, 7:22 pm

Edit: Now that the site has been revamped almost completely, this thread is largely obsolete.

I will keep an up-to-date list of known bugs and errors for the website in this post, along with the current site version number. If you would like to report a new bug or comment on a bug listed here, please post in a separate thread about it.

Current version: beta 0.8.2
Non-bug to-do list: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8
  • • The "cells changed" info should reset when a new pattern is loaded
    • The Java applet sometimes doesn't start with focus, so the first click attempt on the applet doesn't do anything (this is a persistent problem that I'm having trouble fixing)
    • Related to the above issue, dragging the zoom bar doesn't do anything on some browsers/machines unless you have previously drawn a line on the canvas by dragging
    • Sometimes when trying to load a pattern, it just won't load. There's definitely a problem with pressing the enter button on the form, but possibly something else is going wrong too
    • The site now works in Internet Explorer, but it could still use some cleaning up, particularly with the alignment at the bottom and right edges of the screen
    • Zoom and scroll are delayed by current frame speed when animation is running (to see this, set generations per second to 1, start the animation, and try to zoom/scroll)
    • Make the zoom tool border not constantly get thicker
    • When drawing, you can draw over zoom tools (briefly, but it's there)
    • Some patterns have typos or mysteriously out-of-place spaces in their descriptions that show in the "About this pattern" box on the left. Let me know if you spot any.

Extrementhusiast

Re: Known issues

Post by Extrementhusiast » July 3rd, 2009, 6:51 pm

About half of all patterns in this website are bugged. They come up as many streaks that don't do anything unusual.
I Like My Heisenburps! (and others)

Elithrion

Post by Elithrion » July 3rd, 2009, 7:17 pm

Come up where exactly? If you're pasting an RLE file into Golly, you need to make sure that at least the first line (the one with x=123,y=321) doesn't have spaces in front of it. It doesn't seem to parse them too well. And if that guess is off, please elaborate :)
Vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

Extrementhusiast

Post by Extrementhusiast » July 4th, 2009, 2:35 am

That solved the problem. Thanks a lot! :mrgreen:
I Like My Heisenburps! (and others)