mebel furniture ukir jepara

A forum where anything goes. Introduce yourselves to other members of the forums, discuss how your name evolves when written out in the Game of Life, or just tell us how you found it. This is the forum for "non-academic" content.
Freywa

Re: mebel furniture ukir jepara

Post by Freywa » August 17th, 2015, 10:14 am

bukaji wrote:Pusat mebel furniture ukir jepara berkualitas terlengkap dengan harga terjangkau
What is this Malay? I can't read it (even though Singapore's national anthem is Malay). Well, will you provide an English translation?
Princess of Science, Parcly Taxel

Code: Select all

x = 31, y = 5, rule = B2-a/S12
3bo23bo$2obo4bo13bo4bob2o$3bo4bo13bo4bo$2bo4bobo11bobo4bo$2bo25bo!

Billabob

Post by Billabob » August 17th, 2015, 10:37 am

My browser translated it to "epara carving furniture furniture center complete quality at an affordable price"
▄▀
▀▀▀

dvgrn

Post by dvgrn » August 17th, 2015, 11:46 am

Billabob wrote:My browser translated it to "epara carving furniture furniture center complete quality at an affordable price"
So far the spambots haven't seemed to be too interested in continuing any conversation that includes the word "furniture" in the title, no matter what language they're using. Of course, that might be partly because I usually ban new users that are acting like spambots, and delete their postings, as soon as I see them.

Please don't anybody start a new CA furniture thread just to prove my rule wrong...

Anybody mind if I delete the rest of this topic? I guess I can leave it for a while, in case it turns into an interesting discussion of furniture in Conway's Life. We have tables, anyway. Unfortunately they're hard to write advertising copy for, because they explode catastrophically as soon as you clear them off.

Freywa

Post by Freywa » August 18th, 2015, 9:38 am

Which brings me to how things get named in Conway's Life. We have, for example, a block on table:

x = 4, y = 5, rule = B3/S23
2o$2o2$4o$o2bo!
For this piece of furniture the "minimal" stable representation in Life is an induction coil, so the name follows easily. Longer tables (with more one-cell legs) are also recognised by many. However, when you get to chair the smallest unambiguous representation is a digital 4, which has no obvious use. Hence no pattern so far is called a chair.

What I'm seeing here is that furniture, being inanimate and basic, has been reserved for small still lifes and parts of still lifes. (Though I still think that the tiny p120 gun should be called the double diamond for the diamond-shaped Herschel loop and diamond-shaped block arrangement.)

The Turtle

Post by The Turtle » August 18th, 2015, 9:53 am

dvgrn wrote:
Billabob wrote:My browser translated it to "epara carving furniture furniture center complete quality at an affordable price"
So far the spambots haven't seemed to be too interested in continuing any conversation that includes the word "furniture" in the title, no matter what language they're using. Of course, that might be partly because I usually ban new users that are acting like spambots, and delete their postings, as soon as I see them.

Please don't anybody start a new CA furniture thread just to prove my rule wrong...

Anybody mind if I delete the rest of this topic? I guess I can leave it for a while, in case it turns into an interesting discussion of furniture in Conway's Life. We have tables, anyway. Unfortunately they're hard to write advertising copy for, because they explode catastrophically as soon as you clear them off.
What is a spambot? I'm pretty sure they detect spam, but how?
Only two things are constant: change and the speed of light.

Alexey_Nigin

Post by Alexey_Nigin » August 18th, 2015, 10:46 am

The Turtle wrote:What is a spambot?
Well, for me a forum spambot is a program that makes an account and posts advertisement or something of this sort. Is it what you were asking about?
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

Saka

Post by Saka » August 20th, 2015, 11:32 pm

Well... I know Indonesian but Malay is pretty close so I'll try:
Some notes first:
I think Jepara is the name of a place

Ok:
The place for wood (for furniture) with designs from Jepara and good quality at a cheap price.

Well, that's all I can do for now.

Selamat siang!
(It means good day in Indonesian It's nine over here on the other side of the Earth)

Freywa

Post by Freywa » August 22nd, 2015, 12:46 am

Yes, Jepara is a place in Indonesia - known for wood carving. Sheer advertising, not nonsense.

Saka

Post by Saka » August 22nd, 2015, 1:42 am

Freywa wrote:Yes, Jepara is a place in Indonesia - known for wood carving. Sheer advertising, not nonsense.
Well, then I think that's it.

P.S. Are there any other Indonesian users other than me?