Golly 3.1

For general discussion about Conway's Game of Life.
dani

Re: Golly 3.1

Post by dani » March 26th, 2018, 7:02 pm

I am curious as to why iOS has nontotalistic support while Android doesn't. It seems a bit odd.

Of course, I could just manually paste in metacells.

Andrew

Post by Andrew » March 26th, 2018, 9:39 pm

danny wrote:I am curious as to why iOS has nontotalistic support while Android doesn't.
A new version of Golly for Android is pretty much ready to release but I've been busy doing other more interesting stuff. Probably won't get released until after Golly 3.2b1 is announced, and that's at least 2 or 3 months away.

If you're desperate you could always try building the Android version yourself. Download and install Android Studio for your platform, then pull the latest Golly source code from sourceforge. Everything you need is in the gui-android/Golly folder.
Use Glu to explore CA rules on non-periodic tilings: DominoLife and HatLife

77topaz

Post by 77topaz » March 29th, 2018, 8:37 pm

The gradient used for LtL-Generations rules is exactly the reverse of the gradient used for regular Generations rules, which I find a bit confusing.

Andrew

Post by Andrew » March 29th, 2018, 11:07 pm

Yep, the decision to use a default red-to-yellow gradient for Generations was, quite frankly, a mistake (especially given that the default background is a dark color). So I decided to use yellow-to-red for LtL. You can use Preferences > Color to change the Generations gradient to match the LtL gradient (or choose a completely different gradient).
Use Glu to explore CA rules on non-periodic tilings: DominoLife and HatLife

Hooloovoo

Post by Hooloovoo » March 31st, 2018, 2:38 am

Andrew wrote: A new version of Golly for Android is pretty much ready to release but I've been busy doing other more interesting stuff. Probably won't get released until after Golly 3.2b1 is announced, and that's at least 2 or 3 months away.
When there is a release, it would be great to see it on f-droid :)