Project with game of life

For general discussion about Conway's Game of Life.
viniciusarruda

Project with game of life

Post by viniciusarruda » November 11th, 2014, 8:16 am

Hi, I am a computer science student and I want to make a project that uses game of life. I need some ideas. I have some ideas that uses genetic algorithms and game of life, but this one is such complex to do.

Thanks.

simsim314

Re: Project with game of life

Post by simsim314 » November 11th, 2014, 9:20 am

You can make GUI for one of the search utilities.

For example today people add gliders, Herschels, and make circuitry by hand. You can make "design" tool so people would use the tool to automatically place stuff, and the tool will calculate all the timing, states, make all validations etc. automatically.

The next stage of this tool will be "automatic design". For example it will allow to read rle with only gliders and make a gun etc. Or will be able to create Glider -> Synthesis automatically using Herschels.

BobSky

Post by BobSky » November 13th, 2014, 2:23 pm

It would be nice to have Life Lexicon integration (with the ability to paste these objects in to the game), and a cut, copy, and paste feature. You might also include a zoom feature, file import/export for rle, mc, and cell format, and different design schemes.

Extrementhusiast

Post by Extrementhusiast » November 14th, 2014, 9:04 pm

Paul Chapman's Seeds of Destruction should be a pretty good starting point for something like this.
Latest alpha
Source code
I Like My Heisenburps! (and others)