Paste from LifeHistory causes crash (user error, disregard)

Has something gone haywire? Let us know about it!
biggiemac

Paste from LifeHistory causes crash (user error, disregard)

Post by biggiemac » April 4th, 2015, 2:27 am

This has happened quite a few times to me now and I didn't see any discussion on the issue. I have multiple layers open, some in Life and some in LifeHistory. If I copy a pattern in LifeHistory to my clipboard and go to paste it in a layer that is running Life (or even just accidentally press V in that layer), Golly crashes.

It used to paste what it could, indicating that "some cell states were reduced" when I had Golly 2.4. Now I am running Golly 2.6, windows 64-bit, and rather tired of losing unsaved work to this issue.

EDIT: It occurs to me that I might have been running 2.4 when I encountered this issue. My shortcuts are unlabeled :oops: So if it has been addressed in 2.6 and I just was not using my most up-to-date version, sorry about that.

EDIT2: In attempts to replicate, I found that it was a 2.4 thing. I opened a pattern from the clipboard in Life using ctrl-shift-O, then tried to paste in a different pattern in LifeHistory with V, and Golly would crash. It only crashed when the initial pattern was opened using ctrl-shift-O, not after patterns drawn in or pasted in, which is how I used to do things, explaining why I remember it not being a problem in the past.
However, this doesn't crash Golly in 2.6. I'll just go ahead and delete 2.4 from my computer so I don't make the mistake again.
Physics: sophistication from simplicity.