I will keep an up-to-date list of known bugs and errors for the website in this post, along with the current site version number. If you would like to report a new bug or comment on a bug listed here, please post in a separate thread about it.
Current version: beta 0.8.2
Non-bug to-do list: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8
- • The "cells changed" info should reset when a new pattern is loaded
• The Java applet sometimes doesn't start with focus, so the first click attempt on the applet doesn't do anything (this is a persistent problem that I'm having trouble fixing)
• Related to the above issue, dragging the zoom bar doesn't do anything on some browsers/machines unless you have previously drawn a line on the canvas by dragging
• Sometimes when trying to load a pattern, it just won't load. There's definitely a problem with pressing the enter button on the form, but possibly something else is going wrong too
• The site now works in Internet Explorer, but it could still use some cleaning up, particularly with the alignment at the bottom and right edges of the screen
• Zoom and scroll are delayed by current frame speed when animation is running (to see this, set generations per second to 1, start the animation, and try to zoom/scroll)
• Make the zoom tool border not constantly get thicker
• When drawing, you can draw over zoom tools (briefly, but it's there)
• Some patterns have typos or mysteriously out-of-place spaces in their descriptions that show in the "About this pattern" box on the left. Let me know if you spot any.