Facebook Application

For discussion directly related to ConwayLife.com, such as requesting changes to how the forums or home page function.
Nathaniel
Site Admin

Facebook Application

Post by Nathaniel » May 8th, 2009, 12:35 am

Here's a new experiment! Say hello ConwayLife.com as a Facebook application:

http://www.facebook.com/apps/applicatio ... 6518526956

Please add it to your profile and let me know how it works for you. I need at least 5 people using it before it can get listed in the Application directory on Facebook ;)

Elithrion

Re: Facebook Application

Post by Elithrion » May 8th, 2009, 1:03 am

Hmm... the side bar for it should probably be narrower (it partially covers up the actual controls for me right now), and the text should be something more relevant then "A tool for exploring the Game of Life, a database for collecting patterns, and a community for sharing results." since the community is elsewhere! Other resizing may also be in order. Other than that, seems to work quite well.
Vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

Nathaniel
Site Admin

Post by Nathaniel » May 8th, 2009, 7:30 am

Elithrion wrote:Hmm... the side bar for it should probably be narrower (it partially covers up the actual controls for me right now), and the text should be something more relevant then "A tool for exploring the Game of Life, a database for collecting patterns, and a community for sharing results." since the community is elsewhere! Other resizing may also be in order. Other than that, seems to work quite well.
Hrm, that's strange, I changed the text to a link that says "Confused? Click here.", and clicking on that link opens up the rules in the sidebar (since it's hidden by default). Can you post a screenshot of the other text showing up?

I'll see what I can do about the various resizings.

Nathaniel
Site Admin

Post by Nathaniel » May 11th, 2009, 8:12 pm

Hrm, that's strange, I just logged on on my girlfriend's profile and saw what you were talking about. For some reason it displayed properly on my profile (in all browsers) and when I wasn't logged in, but in other people's profiles it didn't do the facebook-specific settings I made (such as hiding the sidebar by default). I think it's working now.

Elithrion

Post by Elithrion » May 12th, 2009, 10:50 am

Ah, yep, seems better now.
Vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

iconmaster

Post by iconmaster » July 23rd, 2009, 11:08 am

I have a Facebook app for Life out also!

http://apps.facebook.com/send-conway--ejacgg/

Please use it so it can get on the directory!