Unable to connect from Indonesia

For discussion directly related to ConwayLife.com, such as requesting changes to how the forums or home page function.
Saka

Unable to connect from Indonesia

Post by Saka » July 7th, 2017, 11:34 pm

This is a major bugger for me! Sometimes conwaylife.com doesn't connect and says "too long to respond". This happens very frequently! These can last from an hour or so to one entire day! What is causing these? Strangely, I am still able to connect via VPN! Why???

dvgrn

Re: Unable to connect from Indonesia

Post by dvgrn » July 8th, 2017, 9:52 am

Saka wrote:Sometimes conwaylife.com doesn't connect and says "too long to respond". This happens very frequently! These can last from an hour or so to one entire day! What is causing these?
Just for the record, the same problem showed up here (Wisconsin) for me, a day or two ago. Other websites were responding file, but not the forums or the LifeWiki.

Saka

Re: Unable to connect from Indonesia

Post by Saka » July 8th, 2017, 10:01 am

dvgrn wrote:
Saka wrote:Sometimes conwaylife.com doesn't connect and says "too long to respond". This happens very frequently! These can last from an hour or so to one entire day! What is causing these?
Just for the record, the same problem showed up here (Wisconsin) for me, a day or two ago. Other websites were responding file, but not the forums or the LifeWiki.
Well that's strange! I asked my dad and he said the gateway's broken and the routes and stuff and VPN works because it reroutes the connection.