GOLAD (Game of Life and Death)?

A forum where anything goes. Introduce yourselves to other members of the forums, discuss how your name evolves when written out in the Game of Life, or just tell us how you found it. This is the forum for "non-academic" content.
Tezcatlipoca

GOLAD (Game of Life and Death)?

Post by Tezcatlipoca » February 25th, 2017, 1:16 am

Anyone here seen Cary Huang's Game of Life and Death yet?

https://youtu.be/JkGZ2Hl1l8c

I find this concept really interesting. Seems like the perfect pastime for us. Unfortunately it's not on Android or desktop yet (iOS only right now) so I haven't gotten a chance to play with it yet. I am excited for when it will though. Maybe we will have something like this in Golly or in the web viewer here one day!

biggiemac

Re: GOLAD (Game of Life and Death)?

Post by biggiemac » February 25th, 2017, 4:51 am

I have an iPhone and just got this, it seems great! Anyone else from the forums playing?
Physics: sophistication from simplicity.

superstrijder15

Post by superstrijder15 » February 25th, 2017, 5:00 pm

I'm doing it to, though I haven't got an Iphone, but someone made a Java version so I use the computer

Tezcatlipoca

Post by Tezcatlipoca » February 26th, 2017, 5:20 am

Interesting. Does the Java version allow for networked mulitplayer games? I would expect not consider how integrated into the iOS ecosystem those methods he used for multiplayer were. I wonder if it will ever get there. We could all have a lot of fun with a platform agnostic version of this game that allowed for online multiplayer