The Game of Life

A forum where anything goes. Introduce yourselves to other members of the forums, discuss how your name evolves when written out in the Game of Life, or just tell us how you found it. This is the forum for "non-academic" content.
drc

Re: The Game of Life

Post by drc » January 19th, 2017, 8:36 pm

oh, this is just some noob...carry o-

*sees signature*

C E A S E

Kiran

Post by Kiran » January 19th, 2017, 9:00 pm

schwan wrote:The Game of Life, additionally referred to just as Life, is a cell robot concocted by the British mathematician John Horton Conway in 1970.

The "diversion" is a zero-player amusement, implying that its advancement is dictated by its underlying state, requiring no further info. One collaborates with the Game of Life by making an underlying setup and watching how it develops, or, for cutting edge "players", by making designs with specific properties.
[sarcasm]So educational, your essay taught me a lot of new info on this fascinating subject![\sarcasm]
Kiran Linsuain

dvgrn

Post by dvgrn » January 19th, 2017, 9:30 pm

I never quite know what to do about these threads that are started by spam posts. After I ban the username and delete the spam, the replies are left behind with nothing to reply to. And sometimes the replies are kind of entertaining and I feel a little bad about just deleting them.

Is it okay if I just go ahead and keep deleting the whole thread in future cases? If I get to it quick enough, it won't be very many posts yet...

praosylen

Post by praosylen » January 19th, 2017, 9:33 pm

Kiran wrote:
schwan wrote:The Game of Life, additionally referred to just as Life, is a cell robot concocted by the British mathematician John Horton Conway in 1970.

The "diversion" is a zero-player amusement, implying that its advancement is dictated by its underlying state, requiring no further info. One collaborates with the Game of Life by making an underlying setup and watching how it develops, or, for cutting edge "players", by making designs with specific properties.
[sarcasm]So educational, your essay taught me a lot of new info on this fascinating subject![{/}sarcasm]
Well, it did teach me that Google Translate is not a fluent English speaker. Here's the en.wikipedia.org text:
Wikipedia wrote:The Game of Life, also known simply as Life, is a cellular automaton devised by the British mathematician John Horton Conway in 1970.[1]

The "game" is a zero-player game, meaning that its evolution is determined by its initial state, requiring no further input. One interacts with the Game of Life by creating an initial configuration and observing how it evolves, or, for advanced "players", by creating patterns with particular properties.
former username: A for Awesome
praosylen#5847 (Discord)

The only decision I made was made
of flowers, to jump universes to one of springtime in
a land of former winter, where no invisible walls stood,
or could stand for more than a few hours at most...

gameoflifeboy

Post by gameoflifeboy » January 19th, 2017, 10:25 pm

I think it was just replacing some words with synonyms to keep from getting caught.

"cellular automaton" = "cell robot"

praosylen

Post by praosylen » January 19th, 2017, 10:39 pm

gameoflifeboy wrote:I think it was just replacing some words with synonyms to keep from getting caught.

"cellular automaton" = "cell robot"
You're probably right. I shouldn't underestimate Google's mastery of anything.
former username: A for Awesome
praosylen#5847 (Discord)

The only decision I made was made
of flowers, to jump universes to one of springtime in
a land of former winter, where no invisible walls stood,
or could stand for more than a few hours at most...

Nathaniel
Site Admin

Post by Nathaniel » January 19th, 2017, 11:58 pm

dvgrn wrote:Is it okay if I just go ahead and keep deleting the whole thread in future cases? If I get to it quick enough, it won't be very many posts yet...
Yeah, I think deleting the whole thread (assuming it doesn't have anything "worthwhile" in it) is the appropriate course of action in general.

muzik

Post by muzik » January 20th, 2017, 11:06 am

A processed meat bot is a computer program formulated to aid in the distribution of processed meat. Processed meat bots often make accounts and distribute processed meat texts with them. Cobweb hosts and website operators have retaliated by blocking processed meaters, resulting in an ongoing conflict between them and processed meaters in which processed meaters unveil new methods to evade the blocks and anti-processed meat programs, and hosts counteract these methods.

Am I doing this right?

blah

Post by blah » January 20th, 2017, 11:25 am

We should start referring to cellular automata as cell robots.
succ

fluffykitty

Post by fluffykitty » January 20th, 2017, 11:57 am

I agree.

Mr. Missed Her
Location: Somewhere within [time in years since this was entered] light-years of you.

Post by Mr. Missed Her » February 5th, 2017, 11:18 pm

muzik wrote:A processed meat bot is a computer program formulated to aid in the distribution of processed meat. Processed meat bots often make accounts and distribute processed meat texts with them. Cobweb hosts and website operators have retaliated by blocking processed meaters, resulting in an ongoing conflict between them and processed meaters in which processed meaters unveil new methods to evade the blocks and anti-processed meat programs, and hosts counteract these methods.

Am I doing this right?
:lol: But you should try this.

The Game of Life, also known simply as Life, is a life-bag thing made by the number liker whose name sounds like "Can way" in 1970.

The "game" is a none-player game, meaning that its changing comes from how it is at first, and it doesn't need more changing. Someone does stuff with the Game of Life by creating a beginning shape and watching how it changes, or, for big head "players", by creating shapes that do cool new things.
There is life on Mars. We put it there with not-completely-sterilized rovers.
And, for that matter, the Moon, Jupiter, Titan, and 67P/Churyumov–Gerasimenko.

GUYTU6J

Post by GUYTU6J » February 16th, 2017, 5:30 am

Kurt Deleon wrote:Essay composing carrier experiences actualities on precise essay developing assessment locales have been beneficial and overseeing drive for the inexperienced persons to find the satisfactory provider in the association essay. Every pupil who's enthused about inquiring for papers online should be mindful of the way that not all customized-production associations are trustworthy You can't stand to pay money and get low quality work. By examining the real audits on the web, you will rapidly get an idea on what different people need to say with respect to the way of administrations provided from cheap essay writing service.
Why is this kind of essay-writing advertisement frequently seen in these forums?

Saka

Post by Saka » February 18th, 2017, 10:47 pm

This one actually makes sense:
Game of Life or Life is a cool math game made by math guy John Conway.

It has no players which means that the computer does the stuff. You can play it by drawing stuff on the grid and watching it or for pros making stuff that does cool things.

Here's the translation for simple people:
Game of Life is name of game that maker John Conway. He like numbers.

Game is have no player, computer do the play. You play Game of Life by draw things on squares and look. For the good player he make thing that do cool thing.

drc

Post by drc » February 18th, 2017, 11:44 pm

I keep getting confused cause it says I made the thread. But that's because I'm the first non-deleted post.